1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Got The Memo

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are putting words in my mouth, and stating things that I didn't say. Quite unethical of you isn't it!!
    Do you do this all the time? Make a habit of it? Or just when I make a post; post it three times; and you can't answer it even once? Must be some guilt in there somewhere.

Show me by exact quotes where I said that God was not involved in salvation.
    If you can't give an apology and retract your words.

Ex. #1. Rippon may be saved even though he acts unethically.

Ex. #2. Though the Holy Spirit may be involved in your salvation, you still had to make a choice.

Show me anywhere, where I have made an unbiblical statement.
    Put up or shut up!

Because my style of writing does not suit your fancy does not give you the right to say that it is wrong.
    You have a strange way of determining doctrine.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I would resurrect this one -- post #143 which has remained unanswered by DHK .

[ quote = Rippon ]
    I see you have remained on automatic pilot and fixated with your pet robot theme .

I had said that "God mercifully intervened and caused you to be born again ." You still refuse to yield to the biblical view . You apparently object to Bible texts such as :

He made us alive with Christ .

You who were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ .

It has been granted to you ... to believe on him .

He has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy , and he hardens whom he wants to harden .

He called us out of darkness into his wonderful light .

He chose to give us birth through the word of truth .

He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of light .

In his mercy he has given us new birth .

It does not depend on man's will or effort , but on God's mercy .

He made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ .

Now don't go robotic on me again . Yes , "He made His light shine on those who He wants to." He made . Doesn't that just tick you off ?" He knew what decisions I would makie" you said . No , He determined to save you if indeed you are born again .You were not able to will yourself into a saved state .[/quote]

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another golden oldie from my post past # 204 .

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unscriptural Remarks By DHK

#82 It is true that God knows the choices of individuals .

[ That is a severe watering-down of the all-glorious LORD --Rip ]

Also in post # 82 "He [ God ] knew about it [ DHK's decision for Christ ] of course .

[ See my comment above -- Rip ]

# 215 You think through someone's superior wisdom and keen perception a person comes to Christ .

[ I have told you before how awful and unbiblical that belief of yours is -- Rip ]

Now for some general misinformation that you relay quite often on the BB .

# 204 :You think Calvinists ( or you want others to think Calvinists ) believe that the reprobate are "pre-programmed to serve the devil "

[ Of course no Calvinist believes that and you know it -- but you continue to repeat it regardless -- Rip ]

Also in the same post ( as well as many others too numerous to list ) you say Calvinists believe man is a robot .

[ That constant refrain is numbing after awhile . Your repetition of this falsehood is factory-like . Rip ]

# 188 : Some Calvinists according to you ( and you do claim to have an inside scoop with what we are supposed to believe ) think that the reprobate are 'elected' to go to Hell .

[ First of all , it does no good to tell you that that kind of remark is ignorant , and that you wouldn't be able to cite a single source for that kind of belief . Secondly , no Calvinists is confused about election . Election is only toward eternal life -- not toward condemnation . Your remarks in that vein reveal a basic ignorance about true Calvinism . You have the desire to mischaracterize Calvinists at every opportunity . -- Rip ]

# 169 You also repeat the baseless and dishonorable claim that : Election on the part of the Calvinist sounds no different than the doctrine of fatalism on the part of Islam .

Also in post # 82 you said that I am "worshipping the wrong God ."

You use choice words like 'coward' to call me out as it were .

These are things that concern me DHK . Your remarks are not worthy of you .

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

This thread has exceeded the 30 page limit and will now be closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.