1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Is Still On The Throne!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by greatday, Sep 12, 2003.

1. greatday

greatday New Member

Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising. "Lift up your eyes all around, and see: They all gather together, they come to you; Your sons shall come from afar, And your daughters shall be nursed at your side. Then you shall see and become radiant, And your heart shall swell with joy; Because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, The wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you. Isaiah 60:1-5

No matter what we might be going through it is comforting to know that our God is still on the throne. We can rejoice daily in the fact that God sees, hears and watches over us. His eyes are upon us to do us good. His ears are open to our cries. He is so mindful of us that even the hairs on our head are numbered by Him. In Hebrews 13:5,6 the Bible lets us know that Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us; and because He is always near, we do not have to fear any dart the enemy shoots at us. We can have peace with the help of the Lord. In sickness, He is our great physician. In sorrow, He is our comforter and He lifts us up above the problems and troubles that come our way. Through His promises, we can partake of all of His goodness. We can trust the Lord to help us in every area of our life. We can ask of Him in faith, through the blood of Jesus Christ, and He will work all things out for our good. We can expect much from the Lord. God is not lacking in any good thing; His storehouse is always full. He loves us and He can do what no other power can do. He is a mighty God and His word is true:

"Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments; "and He repays those who hate Him to their face, to destroy them. He will not be slack with him who hates Him; He will repay him to his face. Deuteronomy 7:9-10

For You, LORD, are most high above all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods. You who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked. Psalm 97:9-10

God who made the world our of nothing has no problems making something out of nothing in the lives of His trusting ones, including blessing them greatly, giving them great wealth and making them perfect whole and complete. He who is unlimited in riches resources and power and is a Good God loves to do and give good thing to those who ask His word is true:

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. "Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? "Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! Matthew 7:7-11
    And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17

Yes, God is who mighty and powerful wills and is able to bring His trusting ones out of all the negative things in their life including sickness, infirmity, poverty, lack, defeat, depression and loss. He is able to bless them with abundance and make all grace abound towards them if they will only ask and believe for Him to do it. His word is true:

"Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, You who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, And to the hole of the pit from which you were dug. Look to Abraham your father, And to Sarah who bore you; For I called him alone, And blessed him and increased him." For the LORD will comfort Zion, He will comfort all her waste places; He will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the LORD; Joy and gladness will be found in it, Thanksgiving and the voice of melody. Isaiah 51:1-3

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. Psalm 1:1-3

2. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Last week I walked outside on a break from work. I looked up at the sky and reflected on the idea of how God never sleeps and I concluded that God must not perceive time the way I do.

A week later and each break I take, I look up and think back to that day and realize how far above my ways, are God's ways. I am overtaken by time and the passing of a week of days. He seems to remain in that same spot as if only seconds or even no time has passed.

It fascinates my little mind to consider His ways.

Dave [​IMG]

3. greatday

greatday New Member

It's marvellous that we are the apple of God's eye the center of His love and attendtion, and that He sings over us!

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.

From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.

You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

5. David Mark

David Mark New Member