1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

*God is the one who placed Obama as President of these United States of America

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Two children then. Okay. So, you're willing to let them suffer under a global dictatorship you may or may not be able to do something about so you can get to heaven a little faster? I'd rather take on the suffering for my child now and do what I can to slow down or stop the march of tyranny so she may have a chance to avoid being enslaved by it in the future. Must be I'm a bad dad then eh?

I would think with your superior powers of decernment you'd already know the answer to the question you asked. :)

You want to know who really put Obama in office? Look at who he has appointed to places of power. The stooges of international bankers, multinational corporations and the military industrial complex. If you're looking for change from this cat forget about it you're going to get more of the same only this time with a left cover rather than a right cover.

His policies are just an extention of tha last guy's who's policies were just an extention of the guy before him and so on so forth back to Wilson. JFK stood up for the people and look where he is today.

If God is truth then why would he install a deceiver like Obama? Is God in the business of deceiving people now? Sounds more like something the "world's god" would do to me.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are entitled to your beliefs. Also you are free to be totally wrong.

3. OldRegular

Apparently you people are getting a "word of knowledge" as pat Robertson would say. My question is from where: Hal Lindsey, Van Impe, whatever?

4. OldRegular

Hal Lindsey like LeHaye has made a mint twisting Scripture into fiction to please, and take advantage of, those with itching ears. [2 Timothy 4:3]

5. OldRegular

The problem is you dispensationalists butcher the interpretation of the Scripture related to the above question.

6. OldRegular

Here you see in living black and blue the fallacy of dispensational eschatology. They have taught for years the any-moment-return of Jesus Christ to rapture His Church. Here we learn this could not happen until the microchip had been invented. According to some of Lindsey's writings it could not happen until the invention of the helicopter! Weird!!:laugh::laugh:

7. OldRegular

Actually something similar happened during the Roman persecution of the Church. Philip Schaff in his History of the Christian Church [Volume 2, page 68] describes one particular act of persecution under Diocletian in which one can readily see the fulfillment of John’s prophecy regarding those who do not wear the mark of the beast [Revelation 13:17], as follows:

"The persecution raged longest and most fiercely in the East under the rule of Galerius and his barbarous nephew Maximin Daza, who was intrusted by Diocletian before his retirement with the dignity of Caesar and the extreme command of Egypt and Syria. He issued in autumn, 308, a fifth edict of persecution, which commanded that all males with their wives and servants, and even their children, should sacrifice and actually taste the accursed offerings, and that all provisions in the markets should be sprinkled with sacrificial wine. This monstrous law introduced a reign of terror for two years, and left the Christians no alternative but apostasy or starvation."

8. OldRegular

I need some interpretation. Is Peter describing the Rapture or WHAT since he states in verse 10: But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

9. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You beef is with God my friend. Global government is God's plan and Global Dictatorship is what God said the antichrist will have. We can't stop it brother, we can whine and belly ache but it is developing just as God said it would and the Day of Jesus Christ will come. There is no "doing something to stop it ir slow it" . God has a time table and it will unfold as He has determined. Our responsibility is to pay attention to what God is doing and preach to the saints and the lost about it. Not form a militia to stop it!

You never did say how you are suffering to stop it. Please share.

The fact remains though, that some generation of children are going to live under one world government, whether it be ours or some saints in the future. Don't be selfish and pray God your children won't be the ones. God will protect our children and we christians will be plucked out of the way before the antichrist is revealed.

Amen to that! :thumbs:

Satan has no power but what God has given him to fulfill His purposes.

:jesus:

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Show me were you learned this from the quote you posted...

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1Jo 2:18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe the Day Peter is describing is when Jesus comes back with all the raptured saints at the end of the Tribulation period. This Day shall not take the saints by surprise...

1Th 5:4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Oh I see. You think I want to form a militia. :laugh:

I think you must be watching too much tv for your own good. No one in the patriot movement...the real one, not the one set up by the gubment to fool folks like you would ever dream of using violence to take on the NWO.

That's just what they want. Violence would give them the excuse they need to crack down on everyone with their militarized police force. Not only would that be stupid it would be non productive. Although it would bring on more suffering so you can rejoice over other's misery for a bit. "Yea for the suffering of many is great therefore the Lord must be near". I couldn't sleep at night if I thought like that.

God gave us this republic we live in. The constitution is the law. The government is bound by the constitution. We the people are responsible to make sure the government lives within the boundaries of that law. What you are saying is we have no responsibility to do our duty to our country. Or bring the lawless to justice.

We're only here to preach God's word? I suggest you go back and read God's word concerning civic duty. The gift of salvation or the Lord's return doesn't give anyone a free pass to get out of their worldly responsibilities.

Oh and I didn't say because it's obvious. Maybe that's why you keep missing it? I'll give you a hint my suffering is talking to people like you day after day who would rather someone else get their hands dirty doing the hard work while you hide behind your "righteousness" and reap the benefits of their toil and suffering. Bottom line is we're to keep on keeping on until Jesus returns. He isn't here yet. So quit all yer shirking and get back to work.

#53 poncho, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
  14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    are you serious!!? All this suffering you have been boasting about is you sitting on a computer chair and belly aching? And you have the nerve to scold me when I say I am busy preaching the word? WOW! Good heavens, please :praying:

When I asked you how you were suffering you could have just posted this...:type:

Good grief...

15. OldRegular

If this happens seven years after the so-called rapture why would the Apostle Peter need to tell his readers the following:

2 Peter 3:1-4
    1. This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
    2. That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
    3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
    4. And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Now obviously if the "rapture" had happened seven years earlier Peter could not have mede the remarks in verse 4: Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

If Peter is talking about the end of the tribulation period then there could be no millennial reign since he states:and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I for one am NOT questioning the Second Coming of my :Lord Jesus Christ. I've simply said that no one including YOU knows when that will happen. You claim that no one is predicting a date and yet talk about the signs of His coming soon. It might come tomorrow and it might come in another 1,000 years. I really don't care. I just know He's coming for His own.

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The timing of the rapture has no relevance with what Peter said.

Why not? Do you think this means the earth disappears?

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Huge difference.

God did not make Obama President of the United States.

#58 carpro, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
  19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We are instructed to care and to watch....

1Th 5:2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1Th 5:6Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober.

If you are not watching for the day approaching then you cannot obey this passage of scripture....

Hbr 10:25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

We are instructed to watch for the day of the Lord, and according to this passage, we can see it coming. Jesus cared enough about it to give us this instruction, I don't know why you reject His exhorting.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You.

And you dodged the questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.