1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God Knows The Future

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by MrW, Jun 1, 2024.

1. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God knows every sin I would ever commit before He gave me the new birth. If I were somehow going to reject Christ in the future and die lost, God already knew that. Therefore, it would be a useless act to give me the new birth. God does nothing in vain. Once a person is born again, it is forever; it is eternal.

Scripture says to make your calling an election sure. Don’t just think you are saved, make sure you are. Examine yourselves whether you be in the faith. If we judge ourselves, we will not be judged. Once a person is saved, it is indeed forever. God never says, “Oops, I made a mistake when I saved that guy, because now he has died lost!” Christ loses NONE of His sheep. He said He NEVER knew the lost. I BELIEVE HIM.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More of the non-stop false doctrine spewed forth on this board.

God declares the end from the beginning. So whatever He says will happen in the future He knows will happen because He will make it happen.

God is "all-knowing" meaning He knows whatever He has chosen to know about the future. To claim God cannot remember no more forever is heresy.

Everyone conceived is condemned already because of unbelief, but anyone can be saved by the blood of the Lamb, if God credits their faith as righteousness.

Only God alone gives New Birth in Christ where we are made alive together with Christ, and arise in Christ a new creation, created for good works. Nothing God does is "useless!"

But the post is correct on one point, once saved (made live, regenerated, born anew in Christ) the person's faith is protected by the power of God, and Christ has promised to not cast them out!

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can choose not to know whatever He chooses not to know, just as He can know whatever He chooses to know. He is all-powerful.

As to what is dis-remembered, I think it is the consequence God would otherwise apply to the individual for the sins of the individual in view, those forgiven and the consequences not even remembered.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God being omniscient knows all that will happen. If He knows that someone will at a later date reject the salvation that he had God would know that. God would also know that while the person did believe whether the person would influence others to trust in Him. If a person has the free will to trust they also have the free will to later reject. We do not loose our free will when we trust in God.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Complete fiction with absolute no biblical support.

Jesus is said to know all (John 21:17) but the phrase refers not to everything imaginable but to Christ's knowing all about those He engages, such as Peter and the other Disciples. Jesus did not know the time of His return so "all" does not mean everything imaginable.

God knows the future He has declared, but not what He has chosen not to know such as dis-remembered sins.

Psa 147:5
    Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
    His understanding is innumerable.​

Here we see God's understanding is beyond measure, more than we can comprehend.

1 John 3:20
    that if our heart condemns us, that God is greater than our heart, and He knows all things.​

Here we see God knows all the things about those living with a heart that condemns.

Over and over again, the bible teaches we, members of humanity, cannot hide anything from God, for He knows all about us. To stretch this to everything imaginable is unwarranted nonsense, when scripture time and time again indicates God doing things to learn things, such as testing Abraham.

#6 Van, Jun 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
  7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your version of God is only semi-omniscient. That is not the God of the bible.

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please do not claim the biblical version is only my version. I note you did not address the biblical basis for the biblical view, but suggested you accept the wholesale expansion of from the unstudied.

9. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Van you are the one that is presenting an unbiblical view of Gods' omniscience. He either knows all that will happen or He does not. You have chosen to say He does not. You are reading into scripture what you want to find which is what you accuse those of the reformed/calvinist view of doing.

You are starting to sound more and more like a calvinist in your posts. You are even denying free will since you call the ability to recant ones faith a fiction.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still you do not address the biblical evidence for inherent omniscience. Nor to you offer support from scripture for your obviously false assertion.

Did I say He will remember no more forever or did the Bible say that?
    Did Jesus say He did not know the time of His return?
    Did God say, "now I know" demonstrating that He had just learned?

Stop ignoring and nullifying scripture with your bogus unstudied false doctrine.

11. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Van you are like a child that has learned how to read but does not understand that you need to understand things in context. Like many calvinists you pull verses out of context to support your view. Actually I have found that your posts are getting less bible based and more Van based in the last few months.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, you are long on false claims about me and you have not provided one scintilla of evidence for your outdated bogus view.

Still you do not address the biblical evidence for inherent omniscience. Nor to you offer support from scripture for your obviously false assertion.

Did I say He will remember no more forever or did the Bible say that?
    Did Jesus say He did not know the time of His return?
    Did God say, "now I know" demonstrating that He had just learned?

Stop ignoring and nullifying scripture with your bogus unstudied false doctrine.

When the same point is made numerous times in scripture, the context is clear.​

13. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would I argue against a false premise. The verses you present do not support your view Van. Think through what you are presenting. But I doubt that you will do that.

Here is a clue as to why your view is flawed, do a word study on believe.

14. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright, let’s get straight to the heart of the matter.

Eternal Security is one of those doctrines that stands firm regardless of personal belief. Whether or not you believe in Eternal Security, if you are truly saved (make your calling and election sure!), you are eternally secure in Christ Jesus. The real question is: Are you truly saved?

Did you trust in Jesus Christ’s finished work alone for your salvation? Plus nothing? Salvation isn’t about Jesus plus your efforts; it’s about Jesus plus nothing. If you have trusted solely in His sacrifice, then you are secure. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Paul makes it crystal clear in Romans 8:38-39: "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Nothing – absolutely nothing – can separate us from the love of God in Christ. Once you’re His, you’re His forever.

You can argue about this doctrine until you’re blue in the face, but it doesn’t change the truth. Eternal Security, like the doctrine of the Trinity, doesn’t depend on your belief to be true. Just as the existence of the Trinity is a fact regardless of whether you believe it or not, Eternal Security is a fact for every true believer in Christ.

If one can “lose” salvation, then salvation must be by works and not by grace. I am saved by God’s grace and works follow the salvation, but works didn’t save me nor do they keep me saved. The Lord Jesus Christ saved me, and the Lord Jesus Christ keeps me saved. “And the life, which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith OF the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”

So, let’s settle this: if you’ve trusted in Christ’s finished work alone for your salvation, you are eternally secure. Rest in this truth and stop worrying about losing something that was never yours to earn in the first place. God’s got you, now and forever. Amen!

15. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God doesn’t forget anything. He knows everything. When the Scripture says that He does not remember our sins against us it simply means He does not hold them against us. He does not bring them up to us again like people do. People like to get historical. God doesn’t. When we have been saved, He doesn’t “remember” that ugly past that was against us.

Do you think God doesn’t remember what David did, or what Peter or Paul did? It’s written in millions of Bibles! Surely He can read it in any of them. And His Word is forever settled in Heaven.

God does not have amnesia. He does not hold a Christian’s past against him or her. He does not “remember” them against us. If we are saved, we are new creations in Christ Jesus, and our identity is in Him, not in our past.

16. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist

Alright, let’s get straight to the heart of the matter.

“Eternal Security is one of those doctrines that stands firm regardless of personal belief.”

So are you saying that faith has nothing to do with salvation. The bible would disagree with you on that point.

“Whether or not you believe in Eternal Security, if you are truly saved you are eternally secure in Christ Jesus.”

Now that is a true statement.

The condition of salvation is faith, {but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. Joh_20:31}, those that believe are secure but those that do not believe are lost.

Your view of eternal salvation makes a mockery of salvation. I agree that nothing outside of us can separate us from the love of God but you are reading into that text that also means one cannot later reject Him.

We have the free will to either trust in or reject God prior to our salvation, do we loose that free will once we have trusted in Him? By your logic we do, but reality shows that we do not. Do a search on the net for those that have turned away from their faith.

Now the calvinist will say they were never really saved in the first place is that the position you are going to hold?

What you are saying is that those that have turned away from Christ to another religion or that are actively attacking the faith they once held will be taken by God to be with Him. God will force those that now reject Him as LORD to be with Him for eternity. Does that sound like a loving God to you?

The bible is clear, “..whoever believes G4100 (G5723) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” That is a continuing faith.

You have made the error of equating faith with works which is a calvinist view.

Bottom line, those that continue to believe are eternally secure if they subsequently reject that trust/faith in God they are lost.

17. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 15:13 (KJV)
    But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

If you die lost, you were never saved; Christ never knew you; His Heavenly Father never planted you.

Your human logic is indefensible against the Word of God. Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 10:29, . . . My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. . . .

19. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist

Mat 13:5 Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and they sprang up quickly, since they had no depth of soil.
    Mat 13:6 But when the sun rose, they were scorched; and since they had no root, they withered away.
    Mat 13:20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
    Mat 13:21 yet such a person has no root, but endures only for a while, and when trouble or persecution arises on account of the word, that person immediately falls away.

Mat 13:7 Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them.
    Mat 13:22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the lure of wealth choke the word, and it yields nothing.

They hear and believe but then fall away for various reasons. OSAS is a false teaching. Eternal security for those that continue to believe is truth but note the condition, continue to believe

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can anyone even know if one is saved? You see if one thinks they have salvation, and it being possible to lose. None would be able to know with any certainty one will not lose salvation before one dies.