1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God Might Use Both Monergism and Synergism, a Theory

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Steven Yeadon, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    " I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    7 which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ."
    ( Galatians 1:6-7 ).

" But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. "
    ( 2 Peter 2:1-2 ).

" Unto the pure all things [are] pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving [is] nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
    16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. "
    ( Titus 1:15-16 ).

" What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
    15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
    16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
    17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
    18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth. "
    ( Romans 9:14-18 ).

May God be pleased to show you many things in His precious book, sir.

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all in there, Steve.
    Keep studying ( 2 Timothy 2:15-16 ).;)

Also, recall when you first heard God's word...

Do you remember God getting a hold of you through the preaching of His word ( Romans 10:8-20, 1 Corinthians 1:18 ), it being powerful and showing you of your utter vileness before Him, confronting you with the fact that you are a sinner desperately in need of His grace and mercy ( Psalms 51 ), and knowing that no matter what, you had no hope except for Jesus Christ?

Do you remember how that after that, not only did your friends and family see a change in you, but began to mock you and hate you, much as Christ was mocked and hated by most of the people that He preached to?
    How you've suffered for your faith since then, and how you love His word and love to study it and are determined to follow Him no matter where it leads...
    Even if people cast you out, mock your beliefs and continually make fun of you for believing God's every word?

Then take heart, my friend, for you have been called forth out of darkness and into the light of His great grace and to a place at His table, where relatively few, when compared to the vast millions that have ever been born and died ( Matthew 7:14 ) have been afforded the privilege to even be in His presence because of their willful and stubborn disobedience of His every command.
    A willful and stubborn disobedience that will never stop... unless God grants, through His great power and unimaginably kind and merciful disposition towards us as men, to perform the miracle of the new birth upon us.

This new birth will now take you from hating Him and His ways, to gradually loving Him and His ways...
    and hating the world and its ways.

Be strong, my friend, and never let anyone cause you to doubt your Saviour and His words.

There are tests both behind and ahead in this life for all of Christ's precious sheep.
    They are designed to show you what he has created within you, and to show you how, despite your former self, He loved you and sent His precious Son to die an agonizing death on a tree for you and for others like you.

Take heart, even through His chastisement of you, that He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and will never leave you nor forsake you.:)

#22 Dave G, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ahh so you agree no one is totally depraved.

Thank you.

4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    " No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
    45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me."
    ( John 6:44-45 ).

" But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
    65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father."
    ( John 6:64-65 ).

#24 Dave G, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, all of us are , due to being sinners due to the fall!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. utilyan

Site Supporter

No one can sneeze unless it were given unto him by the Father.

7. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this what you add to scripture?

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

In short. Jesus Christ is the sustainer of all things. this is in scripture.

Colossians 1

17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    " Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
    25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.
    26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father’s hand. "
    ( John 10:24-29 )

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

John 10

37“If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.”

It sounds like they are suppose to believe He gives unto them eternal life. And not believing it is a PROBLEM.

11. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, to an extent...
    and the answer to why they did not believe ( the problem, as you stated ) is in the passage I quoted in post # 29, @utilyan.
    I even underlined some of it and bolded the appropriate sections in order to help you to see it.
    In the end, I'm only trying to encourage you to look to Him and His words as being your sufficiency.

Again, and I cannot say it enough...
    Seek Him through prayer and His word ( Revelation 3:20 ) and study to show yourself as a workman that needs not to be ashamed, and that rightly divides the word of truth ( 2 Timothy 2:15 ).
    Desire the sincere "milk" of the word, so that you may grow as a result of it ( 1 Peter 2:2 ).

The answers to why some believe and why they do not are all in His word, as well as the answers to many other questions.
    Don't take any man's word for granted...
    Take God's word for what it is:

The only thing in this world that you can entirely trust as being the truth.

Believe it and trust it.
    Christ is the Rock that we, as His sheep, have built our houses on.:)

#31 Dave G, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  12. utilyan

Site Supporter

David if he has NO INTENTION, WANT or DESIRE of giving them Eternal Life, THERE IS NO PROBLEM.

He already told them They are NOT his sheep. 26“But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep.

Rather than say tough luck have a nice day.........He tells them If you don't believe WHICH HE WANTS/DESIRES THEM TO BELIEVE to believe the WORKS so it can lead to the understanding that the Father is in him.

And the very second after saying so they try to capture Jesus.

So don't sell me this LIE that Jesus already beforehand picked and only WANTS and DESIRES salvation for his sheep, He clearly reaches out to the LOST.

IF CALVINIST JESUS was in the same setting he simply would have said "YOUR NOT MY SHEEP, TOUGH LUCK" THE END, PERIOD.

• Prayers Prayers x 1