1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God: The Micromanager

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why were they headed there in the first place? (serious question, leading to additional discussion)

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Man isn't already condemned, sinful, deserving of Hell, headed there, and lost prior to the Gospel?

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one's implying that He does. But if you take Winman's post at face value, it only addresses God's love towards His creation, and speaks nothing of the alternative to His grace.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why thank you....:laugh:

#25 Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  6. quantumfaith

God is both infinite in love and completely omniscient in justice.

7. preacher4truth

His justice may well fit better under His omnisapience than His omniscience.

8. quantumfaith

I don't have my pocket dictionary handy, could you tell what this is?

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the clarification. I concede your point: even if we reject the Gospel, we're still on the same path.

10. preacher4truth

...Google?

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is the problem with hyper anything. It always leaves out the other side. God not only loves, but He also hates all who do iniquity according to scripture. Perhaps the problem we have is the attaching of emotion to certain words.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quantum - His "all-wiseness," as opposed to "all-knowing." Refers to the wisdom of God.

13. quantumfaith

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

14. quantumfaith

Google does not recognize "omnisapience". I guess the teacher in me is always willing to do my best to answer questions. Guess we don't all feel that way. Thanks

Aaaah......homo sapien, now I understand

#34 quantumfaith, Jul 22, 2011
  15. preacher4truth

You know, for a while I listened to preachers that we go to hell "for rejecting Christ" and somehow it did not ring true. We were already headed there anyway.

Not a point of argument bro, it's just what it is. This will open some eyes, and hopefully hearts as well.

This is why we MUST preach.

- Peace to you

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Winman, when will you begin to understand & stop misrepresent your brethren....you repeatedly do this & your interpretations of DoG is well completely false.

Personally you should stop posting on here if your going to make inflammatory statements.

You will see Calvinists exclaim over and over that we are worthless scum all deserving of hell fire, so it is just for God to pass over the majority of mankind and send them to the lake of fire.

Who says your sins are as filthy rags & we all deserve death......the Calvinists?

Christ had value for those given Him, no others. Jesus said He came into the world to do the will of His Father, and that will was that He should save all who were given Him (the elect) even before the world began (John 6: 37-39). Jesus came to save HIS PEOPLE from their sins, and He did it (Matt. 1: 21; Rom. 8: 33, 34). He died for His sheep, not for goats (John 10: 15). He died for sons, for the sanctified, for the brethren, for the church, and for the children (Heb. 2: 9-15). He saw the travail of His soul and was satisfied (Isa. 53: 10-12) .

#36 Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 22, 2011
  17. preacher4truth

Then Google needs to get saved. :)

Yahoo! it

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Computer hackers are the ones that irritate me the most. They tend to hoard their knowledge, and when you ask for help and learning, they look down their noses and tell you to figure it out for yourself. And then they turn around and whine about "freedom of information."

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was originally intending to be petty, and was examining several different angles to argue this from: those that hear and reject the Gospel, those that believe everyone has already heard the Gospel in some form (reference to "Written in the Stars" and those sort of teachings), the fact that I used a present/future tense verb, etc., etc. But in the end, the *only* way to justify my original response (use of "rejection") is to argue from the point of someone hearing the Gospel. Those that hear the Gospel, and continue on the path, have rejected Christ; but, as you point out, they haven't changed their original destination.

Not sure why that should open some eyes. Fits fully with the "if you died today, where would you go?" door-knockin' philosophy.

20. preacher4truth

Well, it won't open the eyes or hearts of the lost. Of the saved? Perhaps some. Maybe someone will be motivated to at least see, peradventure, one person saved by this understanding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.