1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's Purpose - Done or to be done?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Apr 24, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why don't you try to be honest for a change with what other people say. I brought that up because YOU charged me with claimng I meant and said that we are equal to God when I said no such thing. You jerked my statment out of its context and then intepreted it how you wanted to intepret it when that statement was immediatlely followed by an explicit denial that I believe we are equal to God. I simply said the mind of God is similar to our mind in that it refers to thoughts and determinations, purposes. His mind is omniscient and He has omnipotence to carry out his thoughts and purposes and WE DO NOT!

However, the mind contains only THOUGHTS and God's mind is SPIRIT not MATTER and therefore it cannot contain MATTER and we and creation are made of MATTER and therefore neither we or creation EXISTED IN REALITY as MATTER in the mind of God. You are teaching pantheism.

"I have purposed it, I WILL DO it." - Isa. 8

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You are a Blasphemer, and attempt to reduce God to the status of His Creature ! Ps 50:21

21These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone who denies that the work of the Father and Holy Spirit is EQUALLY necessary to be saved is the blasphemer and that is you by your own admission:

"that is right" - SGM