1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Gold Star Families Attack Trump Over Comments About Ghazala Khan

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The families of 11 service members who died fighting for the U.S. demanded an apology from Donald Trump on Monday, accusing him of "cheapening the sacrifice made by those we lost."

They said the Republican presidential nominee's suggestion that the Muslim mother of a U.S. soldier who died in Iraq had not "been allowed" to speak at the Democratic National Convention was akin to "attacking us."

A letter signed by the Gold Star families — the term for those who have lost loved ones during military service — also called Trump's comments "repugnant, and personally offensive."

"When you question a mother's pain, by implying that her religion, not her grief, kept her from addressing an arena of people, you are attacking us," the letter added. "When you say your job building buildings is akin to our sacrifice, you are attacking our sacrifice."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...rump-over-comments-about-ghazala-khan-n620671

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More manufactured controversy. Nothing there except a muslim father dancing on the grave of his patriot son to be a political tool of bottom feeder democrats.

Now we have 11 more volunteers willing to dance on the graves of their loved ones for the democrats and their hateful agenda.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I agree Carpo, when you use the death of your son to politicize, then all is fair in the game. Plus we do know Muslim women are subjected to silence sometimes. Nothing here, please move along.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

It's amazing to me. If you don't want something torn down, don't bring it to a fight. For instance, of you get mad at "yo mama" jokes, don't use one.

Anyone who brings something to the political arena has no grounds to stand on when that thing is then ridiculed.

And I'm saying this as someone who's lost battle buddies in combat.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reminds me of another useful fool of democrats. Cindy Sheehan. She got her 15 minutes of fame and was then cast aside like an empty beer can by democrats when her real story was made public.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And it is instructive to examine how President Bush handled the Cindy Sheehan incident and compare it to Trump's handling of the Khan incident.

Part of my duty as the President is to meet with those who’ve lost a loved one. And so, you know, listen, I sympathize with Mrs. Sheehan. She feels strongly about her –about her position. And I am – she has every right in the world to say what she believes. This is America. She has a right to her position. And I’ve thought long and hard about her position. I’ve heard her position from others, which is, get out of Iraq now. And it would be – it would be a mistake for the security of this country and the ability to lay the foundations for peace in the long-run, if we were to do so.

This is a proper, level-headed response. Presidential in its demeanor.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Bush was a sitting president at that time running for reelection. I remember how the MSM tried to say he wouldn't meet Cindy when he had met her only weeks ago. Bush's methods on handling the MSM were terrible and he took damage to his reputation as a result.

Trump is no Bush, they're going to have to switch out their methods this time.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ridiculous comparison. Bush sent the troops to Iraq. Trump had nothing at all to do with it.

9. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some background on the Gold Star father, Ghazala Khan: He worked for
    Hogan Lovells, LLP, a major D.C. law firm that represents the government of Saudi Arabia in the United States.

Hogan- Lovells also happens to prepare Hillary Clinton's taxes, and has bundled $50,000 in contributions to Hillary's campaign this year - LINK

LINK - Freebeacon
    ' Saudi Arabia has built an extensive lobbying and public relations presence in the United States...It has also supplied the Clinton Foundation with millions. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has given between $10 and $25 million to the foundation while Friends of Saudi Arabia has contributed between $1 and $5 million.'

LINK - Walid-Shoebat
    'But more than this, Khan is a promoter of Islamic Sharia Law in the U.S. He was a co-founder of the Journal of Contemporary Issues in Muslim Law (Islamic Sharia).'

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

13882157_10210011155255703_7095357097457022421_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW: BLUE STAR MOM RESPONDS TO MUSLIM FATHER’S ATTACKS ON TRUMP, AND IT’S ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL

To the Muslim Gold Star father that spoke at the DNC…..I have some thoughts on your comments. I am a Blue Star mother. My deepest condolences on the loss of your son. No family should have to endure such a loss. That being said….while your son is a hero, you Sir, are NOT. My son has served three tours of combat in the countries you and your family came from. Iraq and Afghanistan were his introduction to adulthood and service to something bigger than our individual selves. He was blown up by an IED set by your countrymen. His Purple Heart is a testament to his love of America and our freedoms. I have suffered through his multiple combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan….never knowing from moment to moment if he would return home in a flag draped coffin. It is torture when a mother wakes up to this day after day and sees the atrocities happening over there on the news and being helpless to change a thing. My comments to you will probably offend you. I do not apologize. These things need to be said. Unlike you, I could NEVER use my son’s death as a pawn piece in support of a woman that left “America’s treasure” (Hillarys words) to die unaided in Benghazi. The same woman that says vile things to her military details there to protect her. You, Sir, are supposed to be a witness to your son’s bravery and sacrifice. Instead you stood on a stage and promoted the woman that upholds the very people that killed your son. You became a political PAWN that promotes pandering to our enemy. You desecrated your son’s memory by your words. You did not utter one word of outrage at anyone but Donald Trump. Are you forgetting that Trump did not kill your son. He had nothing whatsoever to do with these wars. His memory should mean more to you than five minutes of fame on the stage of the party that voted to send your son to war. The same party that for eight years has denied and cheated our veterans out of their deserved medical care. Who for the last three years has cut our veterans pay. Of note…your wife stood SILENT. She stood with her head covered, never uttering a word about her loss. She submitted to you being her voice in front of the country. She abdicated her free voice to you…..as would any good Sharia wife and mother. Let me say, this was not lost on the other American military moms….myself included. Had it been my son being “used” as a political PROP, no one could have silenced me. I would be voicing my grief, my pride, my love of him to the world. A man cannot speak to a mothers loss. No man knows her heart at the loss of a child. She did her heroic son a disservice by her silence. She should have uncovered her head and her heart to be the American mother you claim. And last if all….you dared to flash your picket Constitution and ask if Trump has read it. I dare to ask you, Sir….HAVE YOU READ IT? If you say yes, then I dare ask you HOW you could represent that party? HOW can you support this woman? How can you affiliate your family with a party and candidate that cannot even call the radicals that killed your son what they are? How can you support a current administration that diminishes your son’s death by denying he had an enemy? And if you have read our Constitution, how could you cover your soulmate in colorful submissive sheets and have the audacity to speak FOR her? Your son died for that Constitution you so carelessly waved around on national TV in support of the very party that exists to destroy it. As a soldier’s mother….NO ONE could ever speak for me. I find your outrage artificial. I find your party affiliation offensive. I find your wife’s silence atrocious and offensive. I find YOU a political FOOL. I find your son to have been your greatest accomplishment, and you, Sir, have dishonored him. I hope you memorize that picket constitution so you will understand what it means to be a REAL American and hero. You are not one. You were USED. Your son WOULD NOT be proud of you. My only hope is that when MY son goes a fourth time to combat radical Islamic terrorist’s, ( and he WILL) he will know that his mother never stood submissively SILENT about an American hero. Yes, your son was a hero that could not be manipulated but, you, Sir, are a weak minded FOOL. I would love to hear your thoughts this morning about the 1500 American soldiers on the air base in Turkey being held as basic hostages as I type. Not a word from this president or party you adore…or the media that so thoroughly manipulated and used you and your wife. So…what say you Sir??? What will you say to a Blue and Gold Star family if these heroes die? In my opinion, you will say NOTHING.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shouldn't Gold Star mothers be a little bit upset with Hillery for leaving service men and military contractors in Bengazi to be slaughtered? Where is that outrage?!?

13. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The issue is about Trump's reaction to the father's speaking. Stick with the real controversy. Defending Trump only shows that his defenders are selective in the support of the US military and their families. The father has the right to speak his mind.

14. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well then look at the reaction to Benghazi mom Pat Smith's speech:

MSNBC’s Steve Benen claimed that Khizr Khan’s speech was “memorable,” but that Pat Smith’s RNC speech was “offensive.”

Rachel Maddow accused Smith of, “playing with a very specific kind of fire that almost is impossible for me to watch, I have to say”.

NBC News foreign correspondent Richard Engel, MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell, and NBC and Andrea Mitchell all criticized Smith for speaking of her son's death, and telling of how Hillary lied to her.

Chris Matthews said, "I think it was wrong. I don't care what that woman up there, the mother has felt, her emotions are her own but for the country in choosing a leader, it's wrong to have someone get up there and tell a lie about Hillary Clinton.

GQ writer Nathaniel Friedman said he wanted to "beat up Pat Smith" for her words.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give me a break! Raising this issue merely shows the depth of the ploys of Hillary, the DNC and "others" will use while exposing the media's bias in how they ignored the attacks on the Benghazi Mom.

The father should be ashamed NOW that the reasons are being revealed why he really used his son's death to make a political statement.
    The Truth About Why Khan Used the Death of his Son at the DNC Exposed: Clinton Cash

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it was wrong for Khan to use his son's death to promote a political candidate. However, it was just as wrong for Trump to fire back with criticism. Trump is running for President. He is a public candidate. He's going to get criticism. He should have just shut up, but no, the guy can be baited with a tweet, or in this case a couple of lines in a poorly constructed "speech" at the DNC. Shamefulness all around.

17. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

I reluctantly agree. But still voting for Trump, based on his list of possible Supreme Court nominees, for his stand on border enforcement, and his energy policy, "all of the above". Also he may be able to put the brakes the out of control EPA.

#17 Lewis, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  18. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hindsight is always 20-20.
    Maybe Trump should've said, "Isn't it shameful how the DNC used an American hero and his Gold Star parents for blatantly partisan politics?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, that would have worked.

Or maybe he shouldn't have said anything.

20. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Correct. Khan is a CON.