1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Golf in the Rain

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just flipped past the Irish Open and the final round is a driving wind/rain pouring. Umbrellas ripped.

But players are still out there.

1. Isn't there a rule about this?

2. Are any golf fanatics here that would share about YOUR playing in inclement weather?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Actually it was the American Express Golf World Championship. The Irish Open is in the spring. The European Open is held about 5 miles from here in July - and the Ryder Cup will be on that same course in 2006.

If we waited for the rain to stop to play gold here you'd never get it played ;) . Those were a series of quick moving showers - in between the rain wasn't too bad.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry. I don't follow golf and figured they only had one tournament in Ireland.

You a linkster?

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No ... such instances are left up to the tournament committee who can run the tournament anyway they desire.

Not my favorite weather to play in, and now a days, I get to play enough where I don't worry about it. If it is raining, I don't go. (That's the nice thing about a membership.) I used to be a diehard ... playing in anything (except lightning). As they say, I shoot in the 70s ... If it get much warmer than that, I stay home.

5. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

During one especially bad winter in Texas panhandle, we played golf in the snow several times. We used orange golf balls.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I used to play, but had to give it up because I found I couldn't handle it and maintain my testimony, plus I couldn't afford it here.

I do love to follow it. Went to the European championship once a couple of years ago. I want to go to the Ryder Cup when it here, but will need to know soemone to get tickets.

I think the Amex World Golf Championship is a regular fixture here, the course is about anhour from here. The Irish Open is a minor event on the European tour and the big names usually skip it.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured a minister always ends up on top at the last hole.

I played par 3 and had fun, but after leaving the fulltime pastorate for the education field, I simply did not have time.

College teaching was far more time consuming than pastoring. Seriously.

8. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Usually they play in any weather unless there is dangerous electric activity in the atmosphere, more strict then seeing a lightning strike off in the distance. They have a fancy measuring tool that goes off automatically if it reaches a dangerous level it blows a horn, and play must stop immediately. Mark your ball get off the course! Disqualified if you play another shot.