1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good bye ... see you all in heaven!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 3, 2017.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I joined the board back in 2007, I was looking for a Christ-centered place to share my views and observations. In the past ten years, I have developed several very close friends from the board, and while the board didn't provide me the kind of fellowship and community I had hoped to find, it has shown me the way Christians live and act.

I am not going to judge anyone here, because that is truly His responsibility. I just want to say thanks for the memories, some good, and some not so good. And some very ugly. But, that is life! Truly this board is like any other group of believers gathered in one place. There will be those who think they have been sent to lead and run the world. Others will follow the way the wind is blowing. Some will rebel and stand up against things that don't feel or seem right. And others will patiently wait and wait to see if things can or will change for the good.

In my case, I waited. And while I waited, I did fight back. I had hopes this would be more of a fellowship that allowed me to feed and heal in times when I hurt. I had hoped this groups would listen to my heart, and not ridicule or try to destroy me personally! I gave this board 10 years to change, and it really never changed! And that is the thing I feel badly about the most! I am leaving this board just as it was when I came. Under a cloud of disappointment, because instead of being Christ like in criticism, once again, I am being jabbed and stabbed in such a way, that my pain is too much to continue onward!

Maybe it is my age. I am not sure, but I do know this. I do not want to be the door matt that some of you think you can wipe your feet all over with words that REALLY do hurt!

May God bless the good people of this board. There are a lot of you, and His blessings will be multiplied upon you as you travel onward! I love many of you, and only wish I could have known you a little better. Thanks for allowing me to spread my wings and be myself. For that, I will forever be in deep gratitude to you!

From time to time, I will drop by and see how you all are doing! I won't be surprised if I see the same personal judgment and shallow attempts to show love in words that are meant to hurt. God speed to all of you, who like me, are disappointed in what you have found! I can only hope, that in stopping by once in a while I may note change for the good! That is my prayer for the board! Of course, for ten years, that was my prayer and eternal hope for the group. I believe that it still can happen?! Hope springs eternal???

Righteousdude 2
    Pastor Paul

#1 righteousdude2, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't blame the Baptist Board for your failure.

The Baptist Board did not need to change.

You needed to change.

You needed to change your bigotry.

You needed to change your racism.

You needed to change your arrogance.

You needed to change your self-centeredness.

With all that said it is a shame you are leaving. By running away you will never receive the godly chastisement you desperately need in order to grow out of your bigotry, racism, arrogance and self-centeredness.

As for blaming it on your age. I am significantly older than you and I can stand the heat. I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.

Have a nice life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have respected your comments. May God bless your ministry.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please don't go.

HankD

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are times when I don't even agree with myself, so how could I ever expect more from the folks on the BB?

There have been gaps in my action with the BB, because either the "I" was not satisfied, or the "I" was not meeting the standard of what God desired in my interaction with others.

At both problems, I wasn't looking at the board to conform to me, but that is what the "I" desired.

A grave mistake any contributor can make in interaction on the board is to consider their importance as the sole life changer in experience and understanding.

If one is caused to understand and grow in Godly wisdom and knowledge, it is by finding others that are patient with Godly instruction, and consistent in the use of the Scriptures.

There is a lot of history on the board. Unlike some others, the BB gathers from a great divergence of backgrounds, education, social upbringings, conflicts, ...

However, a wise person will sift through all that is posted, find that which is consistent with the Scriptures and take that consistency found as rich and well worth the interaction.

Therefore, take the time away from the board.

Lurk along the fringes.

Then come back and tread among the threads, again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Didn't know him but perhaps "SelfRighteousDude" would have been a better handle.

7. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Might you be surprised that your assessment could be wrong?

If you didn’t know him, why make such a statement of his character?

8. Calminian

Site Supporter

Hence the word "perhaps." Just going by the OP and the guy's handle. That didn't seem self righteous to you? "Sorry I was looking for a Christ-centered place, and this ain't it." Why post parting shots like that? If you're as humble as you say you are, just leave and don't say a word. Once you tout your own humility that kind of taints it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are times such would be true, but the B.B. is not merely a discussion board, but a place heated debate exchanges do take place.

As one gets wounded by the interaction, more often the scenery of the board becomes darker and threatening.

As in the case of this member, his tolerance level diminished until he determined to completely withdraw.

He and I did not always agree. I more often disagree with myself!

There is no puffed up superiority in Christ, and I count the loss of any member as sad.

Perhaps, given time to reflect, he will return.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully he won't depart.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Calminian

Site Supporter

I will take your comments to heart, having more history. My comments were more of a first impression from someone looking in, having seen these kind of comments in the Church.

Christians should be more gracious than the world, and they often are. However, sometimes we just couch our nastiness in more church-correct rhetoric. I've learned to do this myself, and when you get down to it, it's just as cutting.

"I was hoping you'd be more Christ-centered. I gave you 10 years to change."

Ugh! That is so Christian-speak! Honestly, I'd rather someone just tell me they think I'm reprehensible.

Reminds me of Marie Baron played by Doris Roberts, in Everybody Loves Raymond (just passed away last year).
    [​IMG]
    She was the master of the veiled insult, and I know some Christians really good at this (I'd mention myself, but I don't think I veil things as well as others).

I'm sure in his mind, RD2 left an infinitely gracious goodbye (much like the Marie Baron character believed). Perhaps, at times, we'd be better off being blunt like Frank.

• Like Like x 1