1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good IFB correspondence/online school

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Bro. Williams, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I have been looking for a good Bible school that I could do correspondence or online courses with. I am looking for something that is solid in doctrine (KJV, Premil, pertrib, OSAS, etc. etc.). If you know of such, please let me know.

Note: This thread is not up for debate on IFB issues or KJVO. All posts that head that direction will be marked as a bad post. Thanks for your understanding.

2. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

You might consider Louisiana Baptist University in Shreveport, LA. They are inexpensive and IFB. Paul Chappell and Mike Norris are alumni.

3. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

4. southern_saint

southern_saint New Member

Good IFB school....

I would also recommend Louisiana Baptist University. They are Biblical and doctrinally sound. They have an alumni page; check it out and you will see many successful people who holds degrees from LBU.

5. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

Bro. Williams,
    I have looked quite a bit into Louisiana Baptist University and must say that it looks like a well rounded school. I have had conversations with those who have attended LBU and they all speak very highly of the courses and staff, so it may be something to look into. I also noticed on another thread that you seemed to enjoy Dr. Ruckman and some of his teachings. There is a school down here in Jacksonville Florida that operates strictly by mail. They send out one semester at a time on CD-Rom. You have 5 months to complete the semester and mail in your course work. The school used to be called The Blue Ridge Bible Institute, and it was located in North Carolina. The president of the school Pastor Jim Lince passed away a couple of years ago and the school was "relocated" to Jacksonville Florida. It now operates as The Bible Doctrine Institute, and is under the minsitry of the Bible Believers Baptist Church, Pastor David Peacock is the new president. Let me just go ahead and let you know, the curriclum is pretty much Ruckman based. A number of the teachers are graduates from PBI, and a number of the text books are from Dr. Ruckman. While I dont agree with a lot of Docs methods and teachings, the Lord really has used the man to help me in a number of different ways. You can get more info at www.tbdi.org. Hope this little bit of info helps.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [aside: had to look twice to see someone want a "good bible college" and "kjv" and see it wasn't a tongue-in-cheek request. I will allow those of that mindset give recommedations] :BangHead:

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't know of any.

Now, if you want good premil, OSAS schools, I can recommend some of those. But a KJVO stance eliminates many good solid schools that are sound in doctrine. It is what it is.

8. UZThD

UZThD New Member

Bill deleted his own entry

#8 UZThD, Jul 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
  9. UZThD

UZThD New Member

Who requires more schooling when he already is convinced that unless you agree with him re KJVO, pretrib- premill, and OSAS you are wrong. Is the goal of education simply to affirm what one already knows?

What teacher as an Augustine or aLuther or a BB Warfield or a Chas Hodge or a Wayne Grudem or a Millard Erickson or a Calvin or an Arminius or a Wesley or a Wiley -NONE of whom think you are entirely right- could teach you anything?

#9 UZThD, Jul 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
  10. UZThD

UZThD New Member

I'm sorry. I am judging you and should not!

Bill G

11. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Just out of curiousity, Is LBU an IFB school?

12. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Actually I think they are BBFI. They use the KJ for study and classes but do not advertize that they are KJVO.:godisgood: