1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Good KJV reference Bible?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Reynolds, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The older kirk Bible were very high quality, but now newer ones!

2. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if the KJV Preaching Bible has enough cross references for you, but this is a beautiful easy to read Bible

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to beat this to death but I have premium Signature Thomas Nelson Bibles, Allan, Cambridge, Schuyler (NKJV) and Trinitarian Society (UK), Foundations Calfskin (NASB) and older Zondervan premium leather (NIV) Bibles. Really I cannot say this strongly enough, the quality of the Church Bible Publishers (CBP) Thompson Chain and in my case the Local Church Publishers (Schofield) for the price is an absolute bargain. Some of these other Bibles that I mention cost $150-$200 Allan is considered the Gold Standard for premium Bibles, they are $200-$300. Check the prices at Products - evangelicalbible.com and see what i'm talking about. Here is a link to CBP Thompson Chain Reference Archives | Church Bible Publishers

I can find a tiny faults with each one of them but if I were in the market for a Thompson Chain Reference Bible...Church Bible Publishers. Here are two reviews, none of these are me. The TC I have is the large print edition I paid $80 plus I think about $8 shipping this Bible and as I have said it's on a par with Allan which is a $200 Bible. These make the Thomas Nelson look like a dollar store paperback. Quality craftmanship, soft calfskin, sewed cover with vinyl liner, you can crunch the cover into a ball it pops right back into shape, you can fold the bible in half no problems, text is line matched minimal ghosting, just a wonderful Bible for $80 I have no idea how they do it for such a low cost.

I know it's not KJ but I mentioned the Foundations calfskin NASB. This one is every bit as nice as the CBP and it has a calfskin cover liner, paid $95 The Westminster Reference Trinitarian (KJV) is not as soft and is a pastedown cover liner, still nice that one was over $100 I say this as a person that likes quality bound Bibles, a quality text block and I will pay for having this but for $80 you cannot do better than the CBP TCR.

Having said all this and expressing my love of premium Bibles, my everyday study Bible, the one I make notes in and fold over backwards and in general abuse, that one is a Holman Large Print Ultrathin NKJV Reference edition. This one was sold as a second from christianbook they made a mistake on the name imprint. This is cow leather cover, pastedown liner, stiff covers but a reasonably decent text block. Many references, smyth sewed binding. I have used this daily for over two years, really give it a workout. In the past Allen has used the exact same text block, rebinds and sold for over $200 but they seem to not be offering this now. I actually have 3 of these Holman seconds I probably will get a decade plus out of each one. The cost of those was $20 always looking for a bargain.

#23 thomas15, Jul 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1