1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good News About War for Southern Independence Movie

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by KenH, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Stratiotes

Stratiotes New Member

We (my wife and myself) had the opportunity to see Gods and Generals at a pre-screening. I met Ron Maxwell - sortof, he was talking to the theatre manager when I went to get my honey a diet drink and I nodded to him and he nodded to me. I didn't want to interrupt his conversation.

Anyhow, my comments were predominantly favorable on the content. I asked that they show more of Gen. Chamberlain's faith. I was very pleased with Gen. Jackson and pleased that htey kept most of his scenes as they were in the pre-screening. I got the DVD as a gift from my lovely wife. I can hardly wait for Last Full Measure.

It was my hope that Gods and Generals would do four our country what Braveheart did for Scotland but, alas, we seem to be far too apathetic for such a resurgence of our early love for liberty. I fear that LFM will be too depressing - the acceptance of defeat for good. I'm afraid it will only serve to put that era to rest and not revive any debate of foundational principles.