1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Google

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Don, May 19, 2007.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know a few people (perhaps a lot?) are using GMail, perhaps the documents and spreadsheets, the iGoogle homepage, maybe even the groups.

I just recently figured out how to optimize use of the Google calendar. Network folks at my job have restricted all but the Google search, and I don't rate high enough to be issued a Blackberry or other PDA that I can synchronize with Microsoft Outlook.

So I did some research, and found GooSync. I can send a meeting invite to my GMail, which is automatically placed on my Google Calendar. Now that I've set up an account with GooSync and input the web site settings into my phone, I can "call" my Google calendar, and it'll sync up with my cell phone calendar.

(if you have Verizon or T-Mobile, GooSync will send your phone an SMS message, which will set up your phone for you. Cingular users, they give you the instructions on how to set up your phone. Works with PDAs and most cell phones; even though they didn't have my particular phone listed, I used the settings for a similar model, and it's working just fine.)

Not to mention that iGoogle allows you to put all kinds of widgets on your Google homepage, making it "personally useful" to each individual.

I'm impressed with what Google's doing...wondering now how to set up a church page that could be even half as useful....

(http://www.goosync.com)

2. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I always wondered how serch engine websites made money....

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google is supposed to intro other changes soon. They will include videos in the usual searches so you can see things like Martin Luther Kings speeches etc.

They make money by advertizing, by selling links. You can pay them to list your website on the right side for example. They only charge you if someone clicks on your link and you can tell them how much a week you want to spend etc.

Just go to their site and below the search window are links to ways to spend your money :laugh: