1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gore, U.N. Body Win Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by KenH, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well like Carpro said, the Nobel prize lost its way long ago.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know what the "regulative" view is, nor what a "normative" view is, but I'm praying for you. You've been through a lot.

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Actually, I do both empathize and care about your health, having found this out. I had three major bouts with my own health, including two major surgeries in about 16 mos. BB prayers are a part of what I attribute my own finally improving health to, FTR. I'll put you on the prayer list of myself, and my church.

The point I was trying to make is that I was not particularly concerned with what your own political views are. (I ask no one to hold mine, either. Even though I do defend them to all who will ask.) But are they also not subject to the Scriptural mandates, for a Christian? And if they are, they will (or at least should) take care of themselves, IMO.

Also, I am not familiar with a so-called 'regulative' view of the church, and our relationship with God. I do think I have some familiarity with the Biblical view, which I would regard as 'normative'. And I think a 'permissive' view is explicitly stated in Scripture, in line with the 'normative', unless and until it impacts a 'weaker brother', or something similar. You know, the "All things are lawful, but all things are not expedient", and the "I will eat no meat" bits.

Ed

#43 EdSutton, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Three page closure notice.

The thread will be closed sometime after 8.00 AM EDT today.

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Jeff, I too, will be praying for you.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Done and done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.