1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gospel perverted

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I suggest that you will not be able to defend this "split" Biblically - I see nothing in the Bible that says that one part of the Law of Moses is retired to the exclusion of another part of the Law. Can you produce such a text?

In fact, in Romans 7 Pauls says that we are no longer to serve in the "way of the written code" and then cites "thou shalt not steal" as an example of this very written code that he has just declared we are no longer under. Again:

we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

A few sentences later, Paul clearly claims that "thou shalt not covet" is a representative example of this very written code. Therefore I cannot see how there is wiggle room to claim the moral law has not been replaced.