1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Government to tell farm parents what chores their kids can perform

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mandym, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But even an outcry without voting booth power is not enough!

If we really want a two party system then we need the outcry to translate into a groundswell of we the people to replace the GOP as the representative voice of conservatism and morality.

What happened to the Tea Party?

HankD

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0]Hank I do agree that the people need to take back this nation at the voting booth, but I see no reason to suggest that the republican party is the answer or that there is anyone to vote for. In my opinion the Republicans are as corrupt and broken as the Democrats. They just differ in how they go about are destroying this nation. I voted for George Bush and I am now ashamed of it. He may be a great guy to know, but he was a terrible leader and that has been the case for the last 30 years. The Republicans have held majority as much as the Democrats if not more and we are still in this mess. The problems we see are not about particular party mess that needs ot be in office, but a rather a religious one. The lack of moral character based on scriptural principles is our problem and I see no fix in sight as the church continues to fall from sound doctrine.
    [/SIZE]

As to the tea party I think it is following the same path as the church, falling away.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Politically speaking, I agree, and I guess the apostacy a.k.a. the "falling away" is inevitable.

But I wouldn't apply "falling away" to the "church" of Matthew 16:18 over which the "gates of hell will not prevail" or the Church of Hebrews 12:23 of whom it is said that their names are written in heaven but the "professing" church of a mixed multitude of wheat and tares (which He will destroy at His coming).

However we ought not to forget (for instance) the Great Awakening:

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/database/article_display.cfm?HHID=687

Where God has in the course of human events given the church a respite, a temporary lull if you will, from the war with the prince of the power of the air.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness (Lit. the wicked one).​

HankD​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.