1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grace goes against the grain

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by GH, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Star

Star New Member

Me2

CALLED GOD ... OR What IS God??? hmmmmm [​IMG] Can one exalt Himself over what IS or whats CALLED God? There is a misconception we are called to lay hold of knowing Him (Who is love) A Love surpasses knowledge itself. Peace that passes understandig. Still learning of His love too Me2 but I'm headed in the right direction.

Ofcourse I'm sure we wash with water so that we might RECCOGNIZE this :D

God is Sovereign, who resists HIS WILL? Who can thawrt it? Who can keep it from coming to pass? Who could say a single knee will not bow when every knee shall? What created thing (in our vain imaginations and limited understanding) could possibly separate us from His love? Nothing will and nothing shall, the limits we make up and are believed could limit that but only in ones imagination, but it does NOT nulify the fact that of "what is" concerning the truth of His sovereignty.

Satan is subject to Him, lying Spirits are subject to Him whats not subject to Him? Only that we DO NOT SEE IT YET. Judas moved according to Gods will and purpose despite the fact it was to deliver Christ over to wicked hands. Pilate thinking he had any power at all was seen for what it truly was by Christ who made that correction whether or not that was fully grasped did not change the truth concerning it.

Nobel purposes or not, Awares or not, left hand or right whether the left hand knows what the right hand is doing all is done by God. Under the law? God gave it. Free? Who freed you? Blind? who made you? Deaf? Dumb? Who made them? Jew or Gentile? Male or female? all are truly one. Lying spirits? Serve HIM. Now these may not see this nevertheless He has power over all flesh, He gives sight, understanding and the list is truly endless here.

Carnal is more likely to set that grace aside seeing they see themselves as self suffient and capable of keeping a law that empowers the very thing they claim offers freedom when in actuality they deny the truth of what the law came to show. Though they may not do this all the time they are a bit confused as to what God REALLY said concerning the law, might even ADD to it, which is scriptural as far as seeing a patern laid out in scripture.

He is the savoir of ALL men, ESPECIALLY those who believe:) I think on the verse which says His Spirit was to be poured out on ALL FLESH, so the word is in them already. No one can say Jesus is Lord except by the Spirit, funny thing is the Carnal might not see Him as LORD OVER ALL being yet babes, carnal still. You know... the divisions are still the centerpoint, apparently their knowledge is understood in themselves to surpass that love which should surpass their knowledge [​IMG] They keep records of wrongs according to how they see scripture justifying that acording to their own minds, how else can a mind think differently unless the Lord opens it?

My question after rereading your last post is this one...

[32] knowing judgement of God....hmmmm.... drawn by father..worthy of death..lack of faith

You were getting at something I wanted to see, I just wasn't grasping it, if you can could you share on this? If you want send me an e-mail, I felt led to ask you concerning this thought. Another great post Me2 I'm making my copier work overtime lol! [​IMG] I'll be rereading these things, I catch alot after I think I'm done [​IMG]

In Him Kim

2. Me2

Me2 New Member

Hello Star,
    I Thought of Combining Two Posts So Here Goes.. :D

Rom 1:32 Who Knowing the judgement of God, That They Which COMMIT such things are worthy of Death, not only do the Same, but have pleasure in them that do them..

First Thing That Pops Into My Mind Is "Thou Shalt Not Covet".. :cool:

First Thing That Believers Acknowledge After Being Saved is No Longer Fear of Death. Understanding Judgement is more difficult and skewed. The Fear of God Still Exists...As The Judge.
    Still In Child Stage..Not Yet Comprehending Love..But Only By Experiencing this through UNDERSTANDING FORGIVENESS......Not Knowing The Son..You Mean He Did Die For ALL Sins.

So The Misinterpretation of The Character of God of THESE People allow them the liberty to "Believe They can Get Away with" Sinning and not Receive The Ultimate Judgement That God Can Administer...which is eternal Seperation. Of Course It Also Begs The Idea That These People make Up New Laws To Cover over Their Reasons Why They Continue to Sin..
    now Living A Life Of Misunderstanding Who God Is..His Sovereignty and His Character....

Now To Cover...

We Read The Bible From Two Perspectives..[1] A God Who Is A Judge..without mercy
    and [2] A God Who Is A Redeemer...

Interestingly..God Gives Us The Power To Choose to Bless or Curse..Each Decision..
    We Are Told To Follow A Prescribed Order of Thought..To Bless, Not To Curse.

A Word Study of Cover or veil will produce interesting results

Gen 4:10 Abel ..God Says The voice of your brothers Blood crieth unto me from the ground..Vengence or A Need To Be Forgiven..his Blood Needs to be covered....(not only with forgiveness but with dirt)
    The Flood...Earth and its occupants that was/were vile covered with water & Dirt.

Sanitary Laws included Blood covered with dirt...Human Excrements..Covered with Dirt..
    (Lev 17:13) Covering Blood (Deu 23:13) Covering waste
    Ashes Being used as symbols of mourning...Ashamed and naked because of sin..Covered..
    Blood Covering Mercy Seat...washing Feet..baptism...Covering with water....

Many Many More examples..veils..Womens Hair...

Try The Womens Hair..(1 cor 11:7) Mans Head Uncovered..Naked Before God..Seeking Mercy & Forgiveness.... A Women ..As Paul Pondered was under the authority of Men...Used Covering as a Sign Of Submission Before Man..The Men Were The Reconcilers Between God And Woman..and HE Concluded It Could be A Choice That The Women In Some Churches consider.
    ...continuing that Symbolism..again the Covering For Forgiveness Symbolism..among other ideas.

But The Shaking Off Of Dust From offensive City..God Loves Men Stubborn or Not..

Gods Word Goes Out and Does Not Return Void..A Reason To Address anything of God Is under His Guidance..Your only Beginning The Commotion..The Fireworks Begins when God Confronts The Individual Personally..They Can Run but They Cant Hide...

Shaking Dust Is Symbolism of Covering Sins with Dust..Next Its God entering The Battle
    Some Scriptures Mention That The City Is Worse Off Compared To Sodom and Gomorrah...
    Sodom & Gomorrah Was Destroyed (Although covered by Fire, Brimstone & Ash)...The City That The Dust Is Spread..Has To Deal With The Fire & Brimstone of A Living Gods Refiners Fire..but lets not forget His Personal Touch Of Forgiveness and Mercy..(It Aint All Bad) ;)

Everything that is an Action of Good and Evil Will Return To God..Good Back As Received Blessings of A Thankful Creation and Evil (Covered over) As Glory To The Reconciling Activity of Propitiation by Jesus.....(by the by propitiation means reconcile)
    anything related as reviling has to be Covered over, Forgiven, and Redeemed.
    Some People would Say "Washed By The Blood"...hmmm

and Just What Was Jesus Doing Playing In The Dirt.....

Makes Ya Wonder.. :rolleyes:

Me2
    [​IMG]

[ July 27, 2002, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Me2 ]

3. Star

Star New Member

Me2,

I love the mind of Christ working in you ;) THAT was very interesting. Its funny, but though I don't dig into the levitical stuff much, the words are weaved throughout scriptures where you can get a better glimpse of what its speaking of, in order to compare. I haven't heard of the blood and dirt combined as in the way you put it but it makes great sense. I love it when I meet someone in the Lord who is more familiar with these things then myself and expresses these things in the Spirit I'm most familiar with. Man, I can't wait to dive into some of these things! :D

I'm heading out in the morning for a little vacation to the shore with my family, you will be missed! I'll be back thursday evening. So if I'm not responding, I'm not ignoring you but basking in the sun and away from the keyboard :D ;)

See ya when I get back :cool:

In Him Kim