1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greatest passage.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Jan 3, 2021.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have more than one. What is yours?

Here is one f my favorites. It sets out perfectly that redemption which is established.

For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn. among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory.

What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?

Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?

Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself.

Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.
    (NLT)​

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have far more than one.
    But one of my most special is Ephesians 2:1-10.
    It looks like Romans 8:29-35, paraphrased.

3. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you noticed how often Christ brought words of comfort?

This passage often comes to me. Again, it is from the NLT.

Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.

There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?

When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.”​

5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I have.

He foretold that His sheep would be persecuted and hated by this world, so His words and what he gave His apostles to write to the churches were designed to comfort us in the midst of our trials and tribulations ( Romans 15:4 as an example ).
    Looks to me as if it's out of John 14.

I'm not very familiar with paraphrases like the NIV, NLT, Amplified, "Good News", etc, but knowing the passages I can sometimes guess very closely.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In more than 50 years of full-time ministry, Psalm 115:1 has become more a focal point for me. "Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Thy name give glory, for Thy mercy, and for Thy truth's sake."

God's grace gets the praise and glory (Eph 1:12) not only for His mercy in saving me, but for His truth by which to live in this wicked world.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tom Sprague

Tom Sprague New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "If any man be in Christ he is a new creation." (2 Cor. 5:17)