1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gun Confiscation Killing in Maryland

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Nov 11, 2018.

1. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care, if it hadn't have been for this law, this would have never happened. There were three witnesses to the shooting and one of them is dead and the remaining two are in self-protection mode.

Most mass murderers are not legally mentally ill, meaning they do know right from wrong.

There already are laws that get guns out of their hands and the killer just finds a way around it - hides behind liberal public education flunkies (Cruz) or goes to mommy's trunk (Lanza) or just uses another method of mass murder - mass stabbings, bombs, plowing a car into a crowd of people.

And you're wrong that the mentally ill don't exercise their 5 A rights - look at the bar in this same state for involuntary commitment v. firearm confiscation. I think "doing something" shouldn't blatantly violate the US Constitution.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you're not. There haven't been any.

Your imagination is running wild. Get a grip.

3. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't they try one of these stupid red flag laws in Texas, carpro. I think it failed there for now, I know for a fact itbombed in Colorado.

You had better stop resisting THE LAW else Eric Swalwell will nuke you into orbit:

"common ground" = bow to my gun-grabbing wishe

this is what you're up against. Jackboots will be jackboots.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it hadn't been for this man behaving in an irrational and violent manner by grabbing a loaded handgun and fighting with police for control of the handgun, causing it to discharge, putting the lives of these law enforcement officers (who were there legally and doing their jobs) this wouldn't have happened.

I do understand the difference between being declared mentally unable to distinguish right from wrong and being mentally ill but understanding right from wrong. I agree with you that most mass shooters fall into the 2nd category.

I agree that "doing something" shouldn't violate the constitution. Parts of this law will probably be overturned. There are provisions that could be put into place to protect law abiding gunowners, such as requiring those who file frivolous claims to pay the legal costs of the gunowner.

This is a conversation that needs to be had.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It never got off the ground in Texas. No bill was even introduced.

Texas already has a mechanism to constitutionally confiscate weapons of the mentally ill. Just like every other state does. It works when it's actually used.

6. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who is in favor of dismembering, stabbing to death with scissors, & then profiting off the body parts of the most vulnerable IS mentally unsound. Anyone who thinks that mobs, screaming lunatics, welcoming invading forces, allowing & encouraging gay ‘families’ to raise future generations, confiscating, & invading one’s home in the middle of the night (Manafort also) is mentally off. But that’s just me. We don’t have to have a discussion about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are radicals from all political ideologies.

Add to your list people who believe grabbing loaded handguns and fighting with police for control of the handguns is a good idea and displays "courage".

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chalk up one (1) for post # 127; chalk up one (1) + a whole boatload more for post # 126!!!:Laugh

• Like Like x 1