1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gun Ownership

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Berean, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be opposed to such just as I am opposed to making it a law to provide a list.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome, yes as it stood it was erroneous, but now that you mention it, what does that matter? I have the right to remain silent provided by the current government under which I live and by so doing I am obeying the scripture by exercising those rights which the current government has provided me against self-incrimination, etc.

Again what does that matter? The Constitution is the basis of the law the current administartion is required to keep and protect. They all took an oath to defend the Constitution written by these founders. I am currently afforded by this administration the exercise of my constitutional rights previously iterated which I fully intend to do.

OK here is the difference: every item you mentioned has not to do with the Constitution except as it pertains to the individual State's Rights (the 10th amendment of the Constitution) which leaves all other governing to the respective state.

[SIZE=+1]"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people".[/SIZE]

The exception being firearms, over the years the federal government has regulated the sale, transportation and owner eligibility of firearms.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=60

We had been talking about constitutional law, you have now introduced States Rights a.k.a. the laws of State government.

I don't need to be a Constitutional scholar to "register" my guns, dogs, cars etc. and get permits to drive, hunt, fish, etc. Here in the State of Washington.

I need simply to obey those laws that pertain to the State of Washington (which I do).

If and when the federal government attempts to further infringe upon the rights of the people to keep and bear arms I will pro-actively exercise my rights (and my vote) in an attempt to prevent them from so doing.

HankD

#62 HankD, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.