1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Had Enough

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Problem is with them stripped, the bill does not pass.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Texas, no party affillliation is required to vote in any election.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Obamacare breathes it's last things are going to go back to pre-Obamacare days if nothing gets done.

HankD

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The House version does not have Cost Sharing Reduction payments. The Senate version not only has them through 2019 but they would retroactively make payments that were halted back in 2016.

So, yes, it would seem to be a point of contention.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a suggestion - get involved with your local county Republican committee. by being on the committee- you can help shape the direction of the
    party- and decide who will be on the ballot.
    Or at minimum - join one of the other recognized parties in PA.

I am on our county committee. At one time I was the town Chair for our party.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What kind of Party stays divided to their own demise? Robust debate on different views is a good thing, but if you are a Party then at the end of the day the majority must prevail and a vote cast unanimously. Otherwise it is a worthless alliance as a "Party" and no real Party at all. Look at the Democrats, they know how a Party is to work, they stick together and get things done, even though it is bad things for the people of this country. We have no other Party that actually gets things done.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Politics, to democrats, is all out war. They will tell any lie and break any law to get what they want.

Republicans don't play by the same rules. So they frequently lose when they are in the right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I left in 2005. Voted for some individual Republicans, but no longer consider myself one.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    FTR- in New York State - no one is an "independent" Legally you are considered "non-enrolled"
    In addition - there is an organized NY political party with the name "Independence Party" Many people check that on
    there voter registration thinking they are indicating they are independent. - NOT SO!

10. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A Party is suppose to work together and after all the debating a vote is taken and the majority rules. Those who voted no then agree to pass the bill unanimously. That is how any group should act. We take votes all the time in church, at the end of the day the majority or a 2/3rds wins out. 3 or 4 hold outs should not be allowed to thwart the will of the majority.

11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We, and Israel alike, are in the ebb preceding the great liberal tsunami. Trump and Netanyahu are ruining the testimony of conservativism with their corruption being exposed and magnified. While corruption is everywhere in today's world, there are two factors bringing on the liberal tsunami. 1st, conservatives have the backing of the religious right and is thus held to a higher standard. Note the lower standard applied to the Clintons amongst liberals in regards to Bill Clinton's indiscretions. 2nd, liberals, with the MSM in their pockets, are Experts at exposing and magnifying conservative hypocrisy. Prior to the flood, man's thoughts were continuously evil, hence in their society, they perceived not that their ways merited destruction. The retrobate's of today will also perceive not that their evil merits judgment. I believe a liberal tsunami may usher in the antichrist.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's well known that Trump is not a "conservative", but be that as it may...

Enlighten us about Trump's political corruption.

List all his corrupt political acts for us. should be easy for you since they've been "exposed" and "maqnified".

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in WA we are known as "no-preference" so that's why I say I am a lower-case "i" independent.
    If the day comes that even "no-preference" is disallowed the I will say "L" for Libertarian.

HankD

14. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reality is they can't pass a bill. Polls show that about 17% of the American people supported the House version. Pushing that bill would be political suicide. The Senate version was supported by about 22%. McConnell has the least support of any Senator in his home state.

15. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They clean repealed Obama Care about every other day when it did not matter.

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem Trump is having with his own party is that many there still refuse to accept him as President! At least the Dems make sense being against him, but his own party?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All you have to do to get on the Republican primary Ballot in Georgia is pay money and fill out paperwork. I used to be on the committee, but all we ever did was distribute a little bit of campaign money, drink coffee, and eat.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting - In NY - no fee is required - but you need x amount of signatures - based on the number of enrolled members of your party.

19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just qualifying fee here.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In West Virginia, the fee is 1% of the annual salary of that office.