1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harris/Biden

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Quantrill, Oct 23, 2020.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You like to call names because you are a liberal. You called opposition to electric cars luddite and now you say that you are correct in that. Earlier you were advocating a go-slow approach in the change over. You are illogical in addition to being liberal.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We saw in 2016 that polls aren't very reliable, especially national ones. This time 4 years ago, the polls said Hillary had a big lead, & dems said, Hillary, a veteran politician, would win in a landslide over the amateur Trump, whom many didn't like over his demeanor on his reality show.

Many people won't tell pollsters how they'll REALLY vote, as they're afraid their answers will somehow be used against them.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rest of the story:

By election day the national poll average had Clinton with only a 3.2% lead in the popular vote and she ended up winning the popular vote by 2.1%. Some of the state polls in places like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania were off but they have corrected the problem by including more of the non-college educated white voters in their samples this time.

Trump’s chances aren’t toast yet, but the toaster is starting to feel really hot with only 9 days of voting left. The Trump campaign is playing defense and the Biden campaign is on offense.

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Biden campaign is on offense????? Holing yourself up in your basement while running against an incumbent is playing defense to a fault. Early voting results look very good for Trump, all those registered Democrats aren't voting in the numbers they need to win.

The national popular vote means nothing, state polls are what to look at and are notoriously inaccurate. As for electric cars, another reason I wouldn't want one is that I had this neighbor several years ago that bought a Volt for some reason. He ran over his own dog because the poor animal couldn't hear the car coming.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL. Yeah, right. It may be a bitter pill to swallow, pun intended, but Gorka is spot on with this assessment of political polls, which I linked in the linked post:

Sebastian Gorka: "Forget the polls. Polls are like phrenology, that fake Victorian science of reading bumps on your head. It's a Vedic science. It's a scam."

6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL. Yeah, may be. But to be fair, his world crashed and burned long ago. The fantasy is in imagining it will return in one fell swoop, like the return of Jesus. It will only happen very imperfectly in fits and starts, if at all.

But the notion that the pollsters would have had it right with just a minor tweak is simply ludicrous. Their approach is unrealistic, ignores too many psychological and sociological factors. And that's assuming they are even trying to be accurate.

Meant to ask him if Hillary ever figured out why she lost. Didn’t cheat enough, of course. How deplorable. :Wink

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, Venezuela has better electricity delivery than California, but I digress.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think that if Trump somehow wins that you will move to Canada to escape American low taxes?

10. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [​IMG]
    Can’t wait.

Joy unspeakable full of glory

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to move to the Milton/Campbellville Ontario, area regardless of who is president. Woodbine Mohawk is my favorite harness racing track and I would love to be able to attend in person instead of just watching on my Roku four to five days a week.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, my wife’s death this year has been hard on me, but

“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” - ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:57‬ ‭ESV‬‬

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ontario sounds like Trudeau country.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dragging Sleepy Joe to the finish line:

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, though that wasn't my reference, which was strictly political, of course that would matter far more and weigh much heavier than anything else. God bless you, dear brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay no attention to those who present disinformation. Note no quote to provide verification.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No quote? You admitted it and said that you were spot on. :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One off topic deflection after another.

Here is the deal, compulsion is the policy of those who think they are the smartest people in the room. Rather than let the market decide the best course of action, i.e. electrics that are actually superior to gas gusslers, the liberal elitists would compel use of 60 mile range electrics.

19. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live right across the river from Huntington, WV, & all indicators there indicate a clean sweep for the GOP candidates for most offices, including Governor, POTUS, Attorney General, & Senate. (Of course, WV has only 6 electoral votes for POTUS.) Ohio is looking more & more Trumpified. Biden shot his own foot in PA where his saying he'd do away with fossil fuels doesn't set well in that state, which, like WV & KY, depend a lot on coal mining. And he shot it in Fl. by his hinting to further tax 401Ks.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets say in the future we will "transition" away from fossil fuels. Lets see, we will need to build an infrastructure that generates power much of the time, and can store power during the low generation periods. For example, no production from solar panels during nighttime and reduced production during heavy weather. Sometimes the wind does not blow so wind power and solar power would need to be stored in perhaps garage located batteries. Currently jet speed airliners that are powered without fossil fuel are beyond our technological reach. And if we keep trains, all those without overhead or third rail power will need to be modified.

So where is the incentive to overcome market pressure to install house roof solar panels, and purchase the $50,000 plus electric vehicles with adequate range?