1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has anyone ever come up with something negative to say about Trump?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Alan Gross, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or, not really?

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

Some of the things that are not true but the Democrats attributed to Trump were: Trump called US military members "suckers", Trump said COVID was a hoax, Trump recommended a database of Muslims, Trump said Mexicans are rapists, Trump said that white nationalists were "fine people",

Some of the negative things about Trump that are true is that Trump has often lied about things accomplished during his term (he said illegal border crossings were down 73%, which was fabricated; that the New York Times had to apologize because of their coverage of his administration; that he has cleared the way for the Keystone XL pipeline which would bring over 45k new jobs; that NATO countries have started increasing their contribution by billions of dollars...for example); Trump mischaracterized Joe Biden's campaign; Trump has a massive ego; Trump is rude and arrogant; etc.).

As far as actions go, I can't think of anything negative. He has pretty much done what he has promised he would do (which is refreshing) with the exclusion of "draining the swamp". But it can be argued that he tried very hard on that last one, it is just something that can't be done.

3. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here?? No, it's pretty much a bunch of Trump cultists here.

4. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes, he did say that.

5. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like repeal and replace Obamacare...or building a wall? Or that he wouldn't have time to play golf...or the promise to lock up Hillary Clinton? What about ending Kim Jong Un's nuclear program?

All Trump has done is lie. Thankfully, most of America was "woke" enough to see this and fired him!!

6. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if you take the quote out of context like all other liberal hacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a lie.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, here are the lies:
    He promised to repeal and replace Obamacare
    He promised that Mexic pay for and build a wall
    He promised that he wouldn't have time to play golf
    He promised to lock up Hillary Clinton
    He promised to end Kim Jong Un's nuclear program

But it's the conservative hacks who miss it. :Roflmao

9. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're forgetting about his Second Term.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a good one!! :Roflmao
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, but it was assumed. He said that there were fine people on both sides, and when asked clarified that he meant the issue at hand (regarding the removal of monuments). And even in the video he never calls COVID a "hoax". He does say there is a hoax and that is the DNC politicizing the virus, but in the same video he speaks of setting up a COVID taskforce.

The problem is that Trump always has to talk, and often he does not think about how what he says can be received. He's always defensive - never listens to what is actually said or asked, just talks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, well let's unpack that.
    So he's admitting the whole idea that the DNC would be politicizing the virus is a hoax?? He's either calling the coronavirus a hoax—which proves me correct—or he's claiming the politicizing of the virus by the DNC is a hoax—which means he's admitting that they weren't politicizing it. Which one?

13. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree...he just talks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For his part, yes. Given that he had ten years of opposition rolled up into 3 1/2 I'm actually shocked at what he has accomplished towards those goals. What I mean is that he did not say one thing and do another (although sometimes he may have been better off to have done so).

I do not think that America was "woke" at all. I do not trust the GOP, but there is absolutely no way the DNC is any better. A "woke" America would not have bought the lies of Biden or Trump. People pick teams hoping that the means will justify the ends, but it is all about power.

The DNC cares nothing about social justice (they derive their power from creating social injustice). The GOP cares nothing about social morality (they derive their power from exploiting immorality). The last thing the DNC wants is racial equality and social justice. The last thing the GOP wants is a moral society and the end of abortion. Each would cease to exist if the bait is taken from the trap. Sheeple always need a cause. (Or to borrow from Orwell, people at war are people that can be controlled).

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. He is saying that what the DNC was doing was a hoax - that they were politicizing the virus and presenting it within a false narrative.

We know he was not calling COVID a hoax because he said in the same video that he was addressing the virus by setting up a taskforce.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sources?

Or social justice.

17. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not how the English language works. Maybe you were hoping that's what he said. He presented two topics and said "it" is a hoax.
    1. Either he said the coronavirus is a hoax—which means it's not true.
    2. Or the DNC's politicizing the coronavirus is a hoax—which means it's not true.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They all do. I stopped voting because I believe that politics is a worldly power (Trump and Biden solidified that conviction). But I do watch both sides, see what they have to say, and just how they are received.

A Democrat who calls out Trump for lying is a hypocrite (and vise versa). I am not sure who lied more (Trump or Biden) and at this level of dishonesty I do not think it really matters. I even saw a clip of Obama this morning bashing Hispanics for voting for Trump because Trump built those cages (the ones that the Obama administration used). They are all liars.

19. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are there sources from these being 'promises'?

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sources? :D

I am not going to dig up sources. Ask a Republican.

Do you know why it is important to be the first person in a big sale? It is because a narrative (a good narrative) once created is very hard to break from. This is why I say "sheeple". The DNC has a platform that depends on racism and social injustice. They have built a narrative - a way of looking at the world - that most Democrats will find hard to break from. That is how you can watch the Trump video and hear "COVID is a hoax" even though he stresses it is not with the "taskforce". It is the same with Republicans - that is how they can watch Biden and declare he will end fracking when he gets in office.