1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has Anyone Ever Heard this teaching?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by donnA, Jan 21, 2005.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I was wondering if anyone else had ever heard this teaching.
    Last week when I went in for my surgery, I got called in without my husband so they could get me ready, change clothes, put in and IV. While he was waitng in the waiting room there was a tv preacher on. This guy said that whenever someone is saved, they release another part of Jesus from the grave and that part of him went to heaven.
    My husband and this older lady (waiting to go in to her husband) were the only ones in the waiting room (6:00 am). So he says soemthing about that being wrong, something like it wasn't in the bible (don't recall, they'd already given me the stuff to make me drowsey by then). She said she wasn't sure but it didn't sound right either. Turns out she knew very little about Jesus, and His death. they talked and my husban d got a chance to witness to her about why Jesus died,and the fact He rose from the grave,and how we can be forgiven becasue of Him. This was all new to her, and she said she would be interested to find out more, whenn he was called back to be with me she had said she'd be reading the bible to find out.
    Thought that was neat.
    But we still have never heard anyone teaching this. Have any of you?

2. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

No but that sure is great that because of that weird sermon an opportunity was provided for your husband to witness. Sounds like that channel was tuned in on that tv for a reason!

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Yes, thats what we thought too.
    The thing is, when I went for pre registration and tests the day before I got a chance to minister(somethings she had questions about) to the christian RN (woman), our 1/2 hour interview turned out to be over an hour.
    we were like wow, this is why I had surgery.

4. Keith M

Keith M New Member

That teaching is totally alien to anything I have ever heard :confused:

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

DonnA---you had surgery because something inside of your "Innerds" was ailin' ya and the dr had to dig it out!!!!

You witnessed because of the mandate God has placed upon you!!

The TV preacher??? He's "milkin' millions!!"

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

yah, he dug it out alright.
    What I meant was God uses whatever happens in our lives,a dn He used this too. I did not mean He made have to have surgery, for whatever reason.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Romans 8:28, DonnA! You hit the nail on the head!!

8. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

donnA,

The TV preacher is wacko! But, even wacko TV preachers can give us a chance to witness.

All of Jesus came out of the grave at the same time. All of Jesus ascended into Heaven at the same time. That is the clear teaching of the Bible. Here are the refs.

Ac 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
    Ac 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    Ac 13:30 But God raised him from the dead:
    Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    1Co 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
    Ga 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
    Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
    1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
    10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
    11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't really know I sat on the other side of the waiting room away from the tv. When they called me my husband moved over there to see what was on and to talk, people here are real talkitive even to strangers. I heard some bible talk coming from over there before they took me in, but didn't pay any attention. It wasn't a national show, it seemed more like one of those local kids of 'christian' things, although I think the station was either Louisville or Nashville. Thats as close to loacal NBC and CBS we have.

10. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

donnA,

That's a good example of how God can and does use false teachers. If it's local the man may be sincere, only misguided, teaching others what he may have been taught.

But it sounds like a false teacher, another one of the television wolves. Either way, God will use false teachers and false prophets, and that's a good example of it. Thanks for sharing it and for you and your husband's obedience. Godspeed with your health.

Reading your story reminded me that there are large numbers of sincere Christians who sit under the likes of Joyce Meyer, Copeland, Jakes, Osteen, the TBN wolves, and many others. We should pray that God deliver them out from under their 'spell'.

11. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Blackbird you hit the nail on the head.donna never heard of any teaching like that. Could it be this was just a young untrained preacher boy who got it wrong.

12. Christian_1

Christian_1 New Member

That teaching is not only false, but utterly ridiculous.
    When Jesus was resurrected on the third day, HE emerged from the tomb 100 % - not just a 'part of Him' leaving other parts behind!!
    What denomination was that show taken from?

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

It was anold man I heard his voice before they called me back.
    Untrained isn't what thats called, it's called false teacher.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

That teaching is not only false, but utterly ridiculous.
    When Jesus was resurrected on the third day, HE emerged from the tomb 100 % - not just a 'part of Him' leaving other parts behind!!
    What denomination was that show taken from?
    </font>[/QUOTE]No idea, since I don't know who it was, or am sure what channel it was I really don't know. I suspect some sort of non denom, sounds similar, but the same as some other things I've heard from the locals.

15. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It is not a Biblical concept, but what a great opportunity for your husband that came from it. God is very good to give us opportunities like this on a daily basis, if we are just faithful enough to walk through the open doors.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

We were up early this morning and my husband was flipping through the channels and we saw that guy. I remember seeing him long ago, long before we were christians, and he attracted a lot of people then, nonchristians becasue of his style and plain talk. I don't know hi sname or the ministry name, but I did get the 800 number at the bottom of the screen if anyone is interested to find out who teaches this.

17. Saint

Saint New Member

What is the name of the person teaching such things?

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

It didn't have his name at the bottom of the screen, and I'm not sure I ever knew his name before, but you can call them for info if you like. I'll PM you the phone number let me know if you want it.