1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has Anyone Seen Hells Bells 2?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Ulsterman, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I have almost finished watching the 8 part documentary series "Hell Bells 2 - The Toll Continues". Personally I found it very informative, but at times gruelling to watch. Sometimes I thought it gave more details than was needed to prove the point. I think any thinking person viewing this series would quickly reconsider extolling the virtues of the Beatles and other Rock bands as some on this forum presently do.

Anyone else seen it? What do you think?

To find it more try http://r2rministries.com/

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some while ago the references to Satanism in music were veiled, yet in this day and age, they are usually quite open about it in their music if that is the bands goal. I hate to think what their review of Marilyn Manson would be like!

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Gentlemen;
    I only saw the previews of the first Hells Bells and was shocked at what I didn't know. I "cut my teeth" on the Rock and roll of the sixties and seventies. many htings bothered me even then. Like the obviously downward trend of Black Sabbath. I liked their first album but they progressively went to the darker and darker things. Same is true of AC/DC. Also Nazareth. And a host of others. As time went on, I felt more and more alienated by my "buddies" in the rick and roll scene. While they reveled in the stuff, I was distrubed by it. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I knew it was going to a "bad place". Then I got saved and knew what was it was all about. But this video has shown me things I never connected.
    Unfortunately, the link to the preview for HB2 doesn't work on the site you gave.

I don't have the money to order those two videos, but I will order them as soon as I can.

Thank you.
    I noticed something also. Ben is in Australia, and Ulsterman is in England. Why is it you guys can see this mess for what it is, and my own countrymen cannot?

In HIS service;
    Jim

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unfortunatley Jim it is not unusual for some of the most heavy metal type bands that are into that stuff to originate in Australia or the U.K, AC/DC being an Aussie band from way back.

In Australia, it is all going towards Techno style dance music, with Meth Amphetimine in your drink at the Night Club, the days of Heavy Metal and Mary Jane are fading away in favour of the club scene. Several young teens in Adelaide here have overdosed in the Clubs. I sometimes feel like throwing my hands up in the air at what to do, yet some of the churches are responding, Teen Challenge have opened their second church here, so all is not lost.

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

We had a very tall black pastor from somewhere in Africa many years ago in our church and he had remarked to the fellow that picked him up at the airport: is that music (on the radio) for devil worshippers? He explained that in his home country the beat and use of instruments was almost exactly what he grew up with in his black magic upbringing. (I don't remember the religion) Interesting that I remember that.

6. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Occasionally, we get these references to some African convert questioning a missionary about his Christian rock, which "reminds him of the old tribal worship he just gave up". But first, that's his association, having just come out of a background where rhythms were used negatively for idol worship. (Then, I would say, the missionary shouldn't play it around him, based on Paul's teaching.)

7. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

You can make so much money from this oogey boogey stuff. If I was a little more shrewd I might totally cash in.

[​IMG]

8. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Of course, you cannot make any money from the excesses of rock 'n' roll.
    :rolleyes:

9. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

...about one in a million chance. Possibly less when you talk about anything more than a sustainable living for any length of time.

10. whatever

whatever New Member

In my home country the use of the internet and message boards to discuss "Christianity" is almost exactly what many pedophiles use to find new victims. Maybe someone should make a video about the evils of "Christian" internet sites.

11. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

No one is saying all music is evil, the Hell Bells 2 docuumentaries do not teach that, nor even that all secular music is evil. Actually, if you took the time to watch them you'd find they even acknowledge that some artists have produced muisc with a wholesome message from time to time.

Your logic "whatever" is poor. No one is saying what yoy are suggesting.

Certainly someone should blow the whistle on any pedophile activity anywhere, but that is not the purpose or pattern of activity deliberately adopted by those true believers who operate websites such as this one.

12. whatever

whatever New Member

I'll admit, I haven't seen "Hell Bells 2". I have mentally lumped it together with all of the typical fundie ravings about "contemporary" music, which is unfair on my part.

My post was simply an attempt to point out the faulty logic in the other post, that improper use of a thing makes the thing itself improper, by illustrating the absurdity of the same logic used in a different context. I guess I should have made that clearer.

13. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

Put an egg in front of a speaker playing rock n' roll at high volume, the egg will solidify. Therefore, rock music is sinful.

There is absolutely no reason to believe backward masking hidden messages is possible, but listen to this conveniently subtitled sample of hiss and tell us what you think. Ok, so you can't really make anything out, but it does sound pretty ominous doesn't it? Therefore, rock music is sinful.

I've seen the first one. I firmly believe it's meant to be ironic. This is the kind superstitious and yes, backward thinking the world actually believes we are enslaved to because they see so many of us eating it up and walking away with a smile on our face, feeling just that much holier.

14. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

So how many here have seen the original version of Hells Bells?

15. superdave

superdave New Member

Is that the Dave Benoit stuff? I saw some of his Rock bashing stuff, found much of it to be way way over the top. Same with about every other Evangelist making big bucks off their traveling around and showing us rebellious baptist teens all the album covers of the groups we had never heard of. You know old bands like Led Zepplin, and the Stones, and the Doors. Like we were old enough to know who they were ;)

Much of secular Rock is still true to the origins of the genre, Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll, etc. I have never seen anyone who was able to carry that over to the CCM scene with any Biblical clarity. It really is like Eric posted above, it depends heavily on personal associations.

My problem with CCM is not that it is "Christian Rock" if you will, but the philosophy of the movement, even though it is far removed from that of the secular rockers.

"This Jesus thing, it's a smash hit."
    -Smash Hit, All Star United