1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Has California Told Christians, including John MacArthur, to Sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven Yeadon, Sep 16, 2020.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see several of these as encouraging churches to disobey the Lord. For example, limiting the number of people coming is a huge overreach by the government. We invite people to church to get them saved, and are obeying Scripture--the government has no say whatsoever.

All in all, the CA list I linked to shows that the writer of the regulations has no clue about churches, much less religion. For example, "limiting speeches" is completely ignorant.Really--speeches??? And as a preacher, no one limits my sermons except God and the pastor where I am preaching at that time. My brother recently tried to tell me what to preach, but only the Lord can do that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO, these juvenile regulations (?) just prove more & more daily that this is a POLITICAL pandemic. Other than restricting visits to nursing homes & assisted living homes, I have seen NONE of this garbage that we see daily now when the flu bug was flying last few years!? (Can't let a crisis go to waste, can we??)
    In all likelihood this idiocy will be immediately discarded after Nov.: If ds win, because it's no longer needed; if the rs win, because it's a bunch of ----- anyway!!

3. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not taking John MacArthur at face value. I need to see the stringent requirements, in writing, he claims he is required to meet.

Unfortunately, his church website does not give a email address. I plan to call the church next week seeking the documentation I want. If that is unfruitful, I plan to mail him a registered letter.

If anyone has ideas where the documents might be found, please let me know where they are.

4. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here are the documents out from the State of California.

These are the guidelines,
    Industry guidance to reduce risk - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response

These are the level of lockdown by county,
    Blueprint for a Safer Economy - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response

5. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Steve. The first document is the same one that John shared (my response post #40). I need to verify with GCC that these are the recommendations/requirements they need to meet. If so, John MacArthur, in the video, appears to be embellishing the document.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Frown

7. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

MacArthur sees through the nonsense and feels a calling to push back. The irony is, he's encouraging believers and unbelievers. Many unbelievers are impressed with this courage, which translates to his testimony.

BTW, I just found out from someone who attends there that they have still not successfully been evicted from the overflow lot they were leasing, and now a close-by Jewish synagog has offered them their parking lot as well. So they actually have more parking than ever before!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never cease to be amazed at how God moves people & events as per Rom 8:28. :Smile
    That is why I'm totally amazed at the timing of Ginsberg' passing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a great time to share the Gospel. There are many frightened and discouraged people out there who will listen. Our pastor recently talked to a neighbor who was grateful he was openly pastoring, saying that there is a great need for men of God now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1