1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Has dispensationalism contributed to mistaken worldviews, or is it the truth ?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel no need to discuss this subject through you with some unnamed, anonymous academic person. The potential for misunderstanding is huge. Plus, I have to write a quiz for tomorrow and a test for Friday.

Sayonara for now.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does all the above fall under, the faith of, the following, foreordained determination and promise of God? In reality do not all the covenants of God fall under the same?

Foreordained determination: Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 1 Peter 1:18-20

The promise: In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; Titus 1:2

From the beginning of the creation of the world, Kosmos. Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. - did not the following apply?

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; NKJV Rom 8:20

Is that hope the very same hope of the promise of God made before time began?

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:1 Who is the author and finisher of, the hope?

Who by him (Jesus of Nazareth) do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 1 Peter 1:21

Are all the covenants of God dependent upon the above? The everlasting covenant?

Is it dispensational ?

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 1 Cor 15:20
    But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. 15:23-26
    having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both[fn] which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. Eph 1:9,10

Well it all hasn't taken place, yet.

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who [fn] is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph 1:13,14

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks

:)

HankD

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 5:39. Search the Scriptures.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes.....I understand.

Well how about it dispensational brethren.....?
    You can see JoJ. is short on time......he has been doing the heavy lifting so far on this thread.....Can anyone step up.and answer these two questions?
    You can cheat and use the link I provided for a headstart......
    Can anyone help out here?????

Or....do I have to revert to my rusty,dusty ,former understanding of these things and answer myself?☹

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Yes, all nations are included.
    Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you.
    2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.
    3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

2) Yes, all nations are included.
    Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Way to take me completely out of context and insinuate that I don't believe in searching the Scriptures.

What I really said:

"Aye, there's the rub. You have to search for such passages. In other words, you have to have a presupposition of a covenant of grace before you even begin your search. Every single passage you referenced depend on that presupposition, rather than strict exegesis. Not a single one of them teaches directly a covenant of grace."

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.