1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has evolution run its course

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Hobie, Feb 7, 2020.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that you are talking about mutations or natural selection and not evolution.

2. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am talking about new species of sea, land and plant life. Species that have never been seen, and suddenly they are here. Of course I am not talking about evolution or mutations. There is no such thing. All that theory and speculation is in the minds of scientist, and then taught to each new generation. None of it is real. It is all just virtual reality in our minds. What God creates is new and happens all the time.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so you are saying that there are new species of sea, land, and plant life, right? Why is this so unknown that no one has one example?

4. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look it up. You can decide which example you want to use. It is only unknown to the vast majority of people who do not follow science. The news does occasionally report interesting and news worthy stories that are not just gloom and doom. I would assume the majority of folks, listen, sigh, and move on.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So am I to understand that you believe God created man twice. First in Genesis 1:26-31 on the 6th day and then again in Genesis 2:7-25 after God rested on the 7th day, Genesis 2:1-3.

6. Phillip Diller

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Phillip

You say that "You cannot put your interpretation on Genesis 1", and then you proceed to put your interpretation on Genesis 1. Nowhere in Scripture does it say that God planted the garden after the 7th day, nor that Adam was a thousand years old by that time. If you get your day=1000 years from 2 Peter 3:8 you should go back and read it again and note carefully the word "as", and also note the last phrase in that verse. The context of that passage has to do with the time of God's judgment on the Earth, not His creation of it. Genesis 1:27-31 clearly states that God created man, male and female, on the sixth day and that He placed them in the Garden on the same day, as that is possibly where Adam was when God made Eve. Since God rested from His creating at the end of the sixth day Eve must also have been created on the same day as Adam.

In the Old Testament the Hebrew word "Yom" occurrs hundreds of times, and never is demonstrutively used to mean long or indefinite periods of time, except for its use in the phrase "the day of the Lord" which refers to a time of God's judgment. It seems clear that the use of "Yom", especially with an ordinal, always refers to normal 24 hour days. If you can show me evidence to the contrary I would be interested in seeing it, but it must be conclusive, not speculative.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not very good at computers. I just got one in 1999. It would be better if you could name one example of what you are talking about.

8. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Adam was only created once on day 6. God just reminded us how Adam was created in chapter 2.

9. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was 30 years ago. I do not think that Google was around back then.

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eve was created on day 6 too, Genesis 1:27-31. Adam was placed in the garden Genesis 2:15 before Eve was made. Therefore the garden was made before the 7th day.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no examples of new species. You can't name any such thing ever.

12. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just my opinion: Evolution across species - no. Evolution within a species - yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He said it was not mutations and natural selection but there is no example of a new species so it must be a pipe dream--actually a nightmare.

14. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 7th day does not say evening and morning. It just says:
    2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The 8th day was not 24 hours later:

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

No one tilled the ground until the fall, and Adam was punished with working the soil.

God reminded us how Adam was created:
    7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Now God creates after the above generations.

The problem is that no one properly divides the first 4 chapters. They need to be divided and viewed separately. God did not put a day stamp on the 7th day, like He did on the first 6 days. Chapter two happens after generations of plants and animals. Humans are not given generations. Verse 4 explains that the day the Lord made them showing it was a Lord's Day, that gave them generations.

If you argue that God then created animals in verse 19 separate from day 6 that would be wrong as well. The same man created on day six named the same animals created on day 6. In Chapter 2 the naming was after the Lord’s Day, the Day God rested. It is not logical that Adam named all the animals on the 6th day in 24 hours. That is why God used Chapter 2 to point out the Garden was planted after the 7th day. That is when and where Adam named the Animals and then Adam a single male was named also. There were multiple humans male and female created on day 6. Then 1000 years later, God took one male and placed him in a Garden He just created. There is no gap any where in chapters 1 or 2. There was only a Lord's Day of 1000 earth years.

Exodus 20:11

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore theLord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

It was hallowed because it was 1000 years before sin entered. God allowed Himself 1000 years just like Christ will be given 1000 years at the end. That is why evolution does not work, because that 1000 years would mess with any attempt to date the earth.

The chapters themselves need to be separated though, or all 4 of them will be interpreted wrong.

15. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you even try? I am not going to just post hundreds of scientific papers and blogs just for you to pick them apart. Post them yourself. The scientist called them new species not me. It is not that hard, it just takes a lot of time, that like you said, "not worth it". You are the one claiming the news is wrong, science is wrong, and I am wrong, because I do not have time to do all the searching and posting for you.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got nothing.

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has some strange ideas: i.e. Job 38:4-7 with Genesis 1

#57 37818, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  18. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do get a lot of adds here. If something pops up in an add, I will post the link.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you had any evidence, you would have posted it already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Phillip Diller

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Phillip;

Stating what you believe is not a Biblical defense of your position. Here are some points that I would like for you to explain or defend based on Scripture:

1. "The seventh day does not say evening and morning". So what? The Creation days, 1 - 6, include that description to make it clear that those were normal days just like the ones we know.

2. "The 8th day was not 24 hours later:" Please prove this assertion from Scripture.

3. "No one tilled the ground until the fall..." What then does Genesis 2:15 mean when is says that Adam was put into the garden "to dress it and to keep it"? This was before the fall, not after it.

4. The "generations" in chapter 2:4 is the Hebrew "Toledoth" and indicates the end of the first division of the book. The Toledoth occurrs nine more times in the book of Genesis and each of those times it is associated with one of the partriarchs, suggesting that they were the human authors of that portion of the text.

5. Verse 19 does not describe a seperate creation of the animals. The word "formed" should have been translated "had formed", which would be a perfectly legitimate rendering of the Hebrew.

6. The text does not say that Adam named the animals after the sixth day, or that the Garden was planted after the sixth day. Those are assumptions that you accept, not what the Scripture actually says. And the claim you make that there were multiple males and females created on the sixth day is complete heresy. Please explain where you come by this nonsense. Nowhere does the Bible say that Adam lived a thousand years before he was placed in the garden.

If you can justify any/all of these odd beliefs I'll be interested in your response. But, again, you need to provide proof, not speculation. So far you haven't done that.

• Agree Agree x 2