1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has God already rested?

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by BenWest, Nov 13, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, brother. Not "amen".

God's Word cannot contradict itself. All of the "alls" in verses 2 and 3 are clarified by the last "all" in verse 3.

God could NOT have rested from "all" of his work in totality and "all" of his work of Creation alone at the same time. That would make two opposite statements mean the same thing and they don't.

It doesn't matter how MANY "alls" are in those two statements. The last phrase completes the meaning of every one of them.

God rested from Creation. Period. He is still working today in ruling over that creation.

I can't make this anymore clear.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is definitely the traditional interpretation, which is the same as the ancient Hebrews taught. The problem comes because it is NOT what is actually written. That's WHY I post that ONLY the people who live in the last days, with the increased knowledge of our time, can understand Genesis. This is based on the Scriptural fact that God told Daniel this:

Dan 12:4 ΒΆ But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

This indicates that the people of the last days before Jesus returns at the Rapture, have obtained the increased knowledge necessary to understand the words of the Supreme Intelligence of Creation, namely God. Since NO Scripture is of any private interpretation, here is confirmation from the New Testament.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon ALL flesh:

God's Spirit is the Spirit of Truth Jhn 15:26 and He is currently pouring out His Spirit of Truth upon ALL flesh, including believers, non believers, evolutionists and truly upon ALL flesh. I have documented more than 10 examples of HOW Genesis AGREES with the current discoveries of mankind, which includes agreeing, Scripturally, scientifically, historically, genetically and mathematically and which NO evolutionist has been able to dispute in any way.

What it shows is that recent discoveries of today have revealed the hidden Truth God wrote to us, in Genesis. It's empirical, (testable) evidence of God since only God could have known and correctly written of these recent discoveries, so long ago. .What I am trying to do is to share this Scriptural proof with my brothers and sisters in Christ. No tricks. No cults. No strange teaching, but just noticing that the ancient theology of Hebrew theologians does NOT agree with what is actually written in Genesis, and which is now being discovered. Amen?

3. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    BenWest said: ↑
    Doesn't work Scripturally since it says that God rests or ceases to create on the 7th Day.

Sure it is: Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from ALL His work which He had made.

God's work is creating and that is what rest means in Hebrew. It means to cease creating. When this happens, it will be too late to be created in God's Image, which is to be born again, in Christ Spiritually. Today, we live on the Day of Salvation according to the LORD. Isa 49:8 and 2Co 6:2 We will not enter the 7th Day until AFTER Jesus returns at the Rapture and rules and reigns for a thousand years on this Earth. Rev 20:6

When God rests, on the 7th Day, He will cease His work of creating people in His Image or in Christ Spiritually.

See above and please show me where I'm wrong. Thanks

4. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except it is.

First, why do you say Amen after everything as if that somehow gives more credibility to what you say? No not Amen. You are flat wrong on this.

You are teaching strange teaching not founded in Scripture but on things you read into Scripture that are not there. That is cult like. It is trickery. It's not sound exegesis it is eisegesis. It is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read verse 3

That is not what the imago dei means.

That is not what Scripture says. The seventh day already occured. It's a literal day.

I've shown you dozens of times how you are wrong. I even gave you a whole theological paper on it.

6. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be more specific so that all of us can learn the Truth.

Then expose me specifically in Scripture or everyone will see that you cannot. I hope this doesn't interfere with your teaching duties.

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You act as if we haven't done so repeatedly. Everyone else can read all of my responses. I get that you won't change from your false teaching but everyone else can read and see your belief is absurd.

8. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have and it repeats that God rests from all of His work of creating on the 7th Day. IF God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit had rested or ceased to create New creatures in Christ, NO one could be saved, since God rested from creating in the beginning, according to your view.

Most Baptists don't speak in tongues. It is easier for an old varmit like me if your would post English.

Then it should be easy for you to show us WHEN in the past was it, that EVERY living creature was under Human command. You cannot because it hasn't happened yet but Scripture tells us of the fulfillment of this prophecy AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth. Want chapter and verse?

Sorry, but the LORD told me not to listen to any man's view which contradicts that of the Holy Spirit, in Scripture: The rest of the 7th Day is future to our time. That is God's Truth Scripturally.

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of ALL things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

9. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonderful. Since NO one has voted whether or not God has already rested, WHY don't you ask them to go ahead and vote either Yes, God has already rested or NO, He's still working today. It will separate the sheep from the goats, or those who believe what Genesis actually says or those who don't. Amen?

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, not what it says. Try again.

Sorry if you can't understand basic theological terms. Perhaps you should study some?

Well when Adam was naming them all for one. Immediately after this was stated is when they had dominion over all animals. We actually STILL have dominion over all animals.
    Yeah, it isn't a prophecy.

Yeah no, Scripture doesn't say it's in the future. It says it was in the past. Exodus 20:11

I don't need a poll.

11. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure it is UNLESS you can tell us WHEN in the past ALL living creatures were under Human domination or rule as Genesis 1:28 states. Remember that mosquitoes, viruses and Angels are living creatures..

Not in Hebrew imperfect tense, but only in English past tense. Are you aware that rested can mean past, present or future?

Do you know it all now? Or are you afraid to be wrong? Scripturally?

12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I have already shown this. Second, angels are not included in Gen 1:28. Viruses didn't exist until after the fall.

Yeah but context dictates what it means. You are simply wrong here.

Never claimed to know it all, but I definitely know this topic. Again, showed you my paper.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a new Christian, I understood the creation days as ages, based on Genesis 2:4, ". . . These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, . . ." understanding God calling that week a day. It was only when I had a concept of a global flood that I came to accept the days of that week as 24 hour like earth days in Genesis 1. My fuller understanding of Christ's resurrection from the dead, takes care of other miraculous characteristics of that week which cannot be demonstrated from science. (We can not have any time machines to check historical events.)

14. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Scripture sez God "rested", He merely paused in His work & looked it over. He doesn't grow tired.

And there are new species of plants & animals discovered weekly. To say they were simply not seen by people is ridiculous, as most are found by natives who are familiar with the smallest insects or plant growth in their domains.

Judging by the numbers of fossils of extinct fauna & flora, it's estomated that 99,9% of all species that ever lived are now wxtinct. And some species go extinct all the time despite our efforts to save them.

Scripture sez Noah took at least one male & female of EVERY animal aboard the ark, so dinosaurs, etc. were already extinct then.

15. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. You have already tried to show this WITHOUT supporting Scripture.
    2. Are you saying that Angels are dead and NOT living creatures?
    3. I thought you told us that God created everything, including Viruses in the PAST?

You keep preaching that BUT you don't give us another meaning or refute my view, Scripturally. Be more specific or everyone can see your flawed understanding....Scripturally.

I didn't read your opinion but I did show you chapter and verse WHY I didn't. Try again?

16. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 1:8 states that God made Adam's heaven or firmament on the 2nd Day. The verse above is NOT referring to the 2nd Day but instead, it refers to the 3rd Day, when Adam's Earth was made. Each of God's Days is millions of years, in man's time. God is not affected by the movement of the Stars within our world since He now lives in the 3rd Heaven.

The Scriptural FACT that Adam's heaven or firmament SANK in Lake Van, Turkey on the 150th day after the flood began, AND that Genesis 8:4 states that the Ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat on the SAME 150th day after the flood began, has nothing to do with the length of a day on planet Earth. Adam's firmament is still there on this present 6th Day/Age, the Day of Salvation..

Jesus tells us that the Holy Spirit will lead us into ALL Truth. Jhn 16:13 Do you believe that we should stop examining Scripture in order to have a better understanding of what He actually told us? In my view, many Christians have become too lazy to search the Scriptures Jhn 5:39 to learn more, thinking that they know it all, already. Amen?

17. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture does NOT say that God "rested". It repeats that God rested from ALL of His creating, in Genesis 2:2 and 3

New creatures are descended from the parents who are the same kind as themselves.

Which confirms what Science, History, Genetics and Math have confirmed what Adam said in Genesis 2:24. God's Truth agrees with every other discovered Truth.

Doesn't say that. It says of every "sort". Gen 6:19 Gen 6:20 Gen 7:14 Amen?

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't say He quit creating, period. He just ceased what He'd been doing at that time.

Which confirms what I said. Holstein cattle didn't come from Angus cattle. Sugar maples didn't come from water maples.Therefore, new creatures are recently-created. You're trying to revive the old "chicken-egg" question when the answer is the chicken. There were no chicken eggs til there were chickens. The egg couldn't survive if there was no chicken to roost on it. And far as men have observed, these new species reproduce their own kind.

19. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture does NOT say that God "rested". It repeats that God rested from ALL of His creating, in Genesis 2:2 and 3

Sorry, doesn't work since God (Elohim-the Judges) the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, doesn't say that. The Jews sought to kill Jesus because He healed a man on the Sabbath. The answer Jesus gave shows that He did not believe it was the Sabbath yet, since the Father was still working:

Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

The Great Sabbath, the 7th Day, is future to our time. Until then, God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit continue to work to create New Creatures in Christ Spiritually. The work of the Holy Spirit continues on this Earth, now. When He has saved the last Christian to be saved, it will be too late to be born again in Christ Spiritually. Then, we will meet Jesus in the air. God bless you

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the evidence & proof is clear that new species are still being created. And they're not "mutants"; they reproduce their own kind, same as long-established species do.

So, you're gonna hafta revise your theories.