1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

has the Christian Church Redefined Hell and Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Certainly! David was not comitting adultery as a practice or murder either. The same for any believer. We may sin but we do not practice sin. 1John 3:9
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practice) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.
    So my view is the same as the bibles.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I don't think so FAL.

How many times do you have to commit adultry before you are considered an adulter? (ask your wife, she'll have the answer)

How many people do you have to kill to be considered a murderer? (same as above, just ask anyone convicted of such a crime)

No, we aren't considered such by God any longer, even if we commit such sins after salvation, because Christ's blood covers all. If not, we'd be working for our salvation and the Bible is clear that we do not.

David committed both murder and adultry, but he was considered a man of God because God gave him that title. And when God gives you such a gift, He doesn't go back on His word.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You don't think so about what?

4. mandym

mandym New Member

The difference is that one or a few acts shows the fallible humanity. A practice of sin shows willful intent to disregard God.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is a good way to put it.

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

A saint who is NOT trusing in the power of the HS, yielded to Him, not in the Bible/prayer/with fellow christians though would be in a spot where a sin habit just might be "cultivating!"

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Just a bunch of words. What does that mean?

8. JesusFan

Just was stating that a person can be a true christian, been saved by Grace of God, but the Lord still aloows them to make a choice to either live in there own strenght, in the Flesh so to speak, or yield to the HS and apply bible truths...

One in the flesh will not have victory, as they cannot defeat temptations and desires while still JUST in strewnght own own flesh!

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Well then you would be wrong according to the bible.
    1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practice) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

God keeps us from the practice of sin if we are saved. We are to stop sinning altogether.

#89 freeatlast, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  10. JesusFan

based upon that last statement, you DO hold to sinless perfection, at least as preached/tought by the Westlyns?

11. milby

milby Member

Lets get back to Homosexuality. If you call yourself a homosexual and continue to practice homosexuality (having sexual relations with your own sex) and are ok with that choice, you are not saved and cannot be called a Christian. Period.

I would call this a false convert. If you are truly saved you will detest sin, and although you may occasionally slip, you will be have great sorrow for it and fall at Gods feet and ask for forgiveness. You will not proudly continue in that lifestyle with no feelings of guilt about it. Although you may have those urges occasionally, the Holy Spirit will help you overcome them.

I was an alcoholic, but once I was truly saved and repented from that sin, God gave me a new nature and it grieved me greatly when I slipped and got drunk in the beginning. I finally was able with the help of the Holy Spirit to overcome that sin completely. But if I would have "prayed the prayer" and said I was saved and continued in the alcoholic lifestyle because that is what I am, an alcoholic, but since I am "saved" I can continue on getting drunk....then I would not really have been saved and would just be a false convert.

Once you are truly saved, God gives you new desires, and you become a new creature. If you are still struggling with a habitual sin, ie; alcholism or homosexuality, then I would question your salvation.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Since I have never met those the people you mentioned and talked to them I cannot tell you one way or the other. I base my belief totally on scripture. However if you can show me anyplace in the bible where God calls us (believers) to anything less then living above sin I will certainly change my view. Please post any verse that says we are to seek to have just a little sin in our lives.
    Also this poses a question for you. Do you believe God wants us to seek not to ever sin or just seek not to sin very much?

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You are so correct. No true believer can continue in the practice of sin. Praise God for seeting you free as he has set all of us free from practicing sin by saving our souls. God bless.

14. JesusFan

We ALL base what we believe here on the Bible though, as its a matter of interpretation!

Do you deny the biblical truths that we ALL still have a sin nature within us, called flesh/sin principle, even after being saved?

That Christians can and do still commit sins?

That we cannot live a life of sinless perfection, but can live overcoming lives in Christ!

That one can live in a state that we are convicted/ feel that away from God, that we MUST confess our sins and show repentance over the in order to "enjoy" our salvation with God...

That we live under the NC of grace, Not under OT law?

Do you affirm those biblical truths?

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Answer my question first and then I will answer yours.

16. JesusFan

God wants us to grow more into the image of Christ in our lives, but he also allows for the slippage that we still do, being human flesh at this time, and that is why we are saved AND kept by Grace!

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Very nice, now how about ansering my question as that was not what I asked. "Do you believe God wants us to seek not to ever sin or just seek not to sin very much?"

18. JesusFan

Gods desire is that we would never sin, but that is an impossible thing to accomplish on a lifetime basis, as he is able to keep us from sinning, but our flesh that he has to work with is still weak and sinful!

"the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak!"

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You say it is impossible. MY guess is that the thief on the cross did it so why can't others?

20. JesusFan

easy to live a sinless life when only having few hours left to live!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.