1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has the Law of Moses Been Abolished?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by christiang, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul is making a connection to the New Covenant of Jer 31 with the laws written within us. Oral law is man-made rules that add or substract from scripture:

Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it1, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you. Footnote: 1See also 12:32, Prov. 30:6, Rev. 22:18-19.
    Ultimately, the will of YHVH is in our minds, in our hearts, and done by our hands. The instructions in action as it always was meant to be.

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Again you fail to supply scripture that states WRITTEN is superior to other forms of communication.

You are breaking your own rule! SHOW ME THE SCRIPTURE! that says WRITING is superior!

I'm saying you are SUBTRACTING right NOW. You are putting in something YOU made up without scripture backing.

3. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you trying to make a silly point or are you actually wanting to elevate works of man? If so, I can supply the scriptures, but as of now I don't see the reason to.

4. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes supply the scripture. I take the word of God very seriously. I believe you are pulling a rule out of thin air.

I'm thinking you are exactly what you proclaim to be against. I believe "the rule" if it is written it is superior to all forms of communication, is a made up MAN MADE rule.

Show us where it says so.

I already provided scripture saying otherwise. There is MORE if you want:

2 Thessalonians 2

15So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

Teach me brother. Show me where it says WRITTEN RULE is greatest authority and superior.

Prove me wrong, brother. Show us that you are not the one elevating works of man.

1 timothy 3
    15but in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.

5. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, I did show you the law out of the torah. That should be sufficient, but I'll add more:

Commands not to add:

Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it1, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you.
    Deu 12:32 “All the words I am commanding you, guard to do it – do not add to it nor take away from it.
    Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
    Rev 22:18 For I witness to everyone hearing the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to them, Elohim shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book,
    Rev 22:19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, Elohim shall take away his part from the Book of Life, and out of the set-apart city, which are written in this Book
    Small sampling of the written word being the foundation:

Exo_24:12 And יהוה said to Mosheh, “Come up to Me on the mountain and be there, while I give you tablets of stone, and the Torah and the command which I have written, to teach them.”
    Deu_28:58 “If you do not guard to do all the Words of this Torah that are written in this book, to fear this esteemed and awesome Name, יהוה your Elohim,
    Jos_1:8 “Do not let this Book of the Torah depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you guard to do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and act wisely.
    1Ki_2:3 “And guard the Charge of יהוה your Elohim: to walk in His ways, to guard His laws, His commands, His right-rulings, and His witnesses, as it is written in the Torah of Mosheh, so that you do wisely all that you do and wherever you turn;
    Dan_9:13 “As it is written in the Torah of Mosheh, all this evil has come upon us, and we have not entreated the face of יהוה our Elohim, to turn back from our crookednesses, and to study Your truth.
    Hos_8:12 “I have written for him numerous matters of My Torah – they were regarded as strange.
    Messiah referencing the written and one vs oral:

Mat_4:4 But He answering, said, “It has been written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of יהוה.’ ”1 Footnote: 1Dt. 8:3.
    Mat_4:7 יהושע said to him, “It has also been written, ‘You shall not try יהוה your Elohim.’
    Mat_5:43 “You heard that it was said,1 ‘You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.’ Footnote: 1Hate your enemy was “said,” not “written.”
    Luk_10:26 And He said to him, “What has been written in the Torah? How do you read it?”
    Luk_21:22 “Because these are days of vengeance, to fill all that have been written.
    More foundational truth:

Isa_8:16 Bind up the witness, seal the Torah among my taught ones.
    Isa_8:20 To the Torah and to the witness! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because they have no daybreak.
    References to oral law and man's religion being wrong:

Mar_7:13 nullifying the Word of Elohim through your tradition which you have handed down. And many such traditions you do.”
    Mar_7:7 And in vain do they worship Me, teaching as teachings the commands of men.
    Isa 29:13 And יהוה says, “Because this people has drawn near with its mouth, and with its lips they have esteemed Me, and it has kept its heart far from Me, and their fear of Me has become a command of men that is taught1!
    Mat 15:3 But He answering, said to them, “Why do you also transgress the command of Elohim1 because of your tradition?
    Mat 23:4 “For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders, but with their finger they do not wish to move them.
    Paul's writings against oral law that the church interprets wrongly:
    (works of the law is judaism oral law)

Rom_9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
    Gal_2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
    Col 2:8 See to it that no one makes a prey of you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary matters of the world,1 and not according to Messiah.
    Col 2:20 If, then, you died with Messiah from the elementary matters1 of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations: Footnote: 1See v. 8, and Gal. 4:3 & 9.
    Col 2:21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle” –
    Col 2:22 which are all to perish with use – according to the commands and teachings of men?​

6. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, you add and take away: "elohim" is not in the text, it is Theos.

You keep re-writing Scripture to suit your doctrine.

The Word of God in view in Regeneration is the Gospel, not the Torah, which is part of a different dispensation.

Again, adding and taking away.

The Word of God is eternal, yet you still overlook what the Word of God is in New Testament Revelation. The Gospel was a Mystery, a previously unrevealed truth. Men who received the Torah did not receive the Gospel of Christ, and could not, because it was not revealed until this Age, and in fact began an entirely new Age, with an entirely New Covenant.

Correct. The Spirit of Truth, Who came after Christ returned to Heaven from whence He came...came on Pentecost, and revealed the Gospel to the disciples:

John 7:38-39
    King James Version (KJV)

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 14:15-17
    King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

This is what Paul is speaking about here:

1 Corinthians 2
    King James Version (KJV)

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

While the Gospel was given in the Old Testament, understanding of it was not.

That is why Christ only preached Christ crucified, and rebuked those who sought to being men under the Torah again.

Read the Scripture provided you, Jason, God will teach the truth of what I am saying.

God bless.

7. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    First you start with silly accusations that are baseless, then you post verses that in them say keep the commandments and then at the end say we aren't under torah. Are you blind to your own postings?

Jesus only rebuked those seeking to gain favor through man-made laws. Keeping the written word is faith.

Rom_10:3 For not knowing the righteousness of Elohim, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they did not subject themselves to1 the righteousness of Elohim. ​

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show one baseless accusation. You add and take away from the Word of God at whim, and seek to turn men to a Covenant which kills.

You are rejecting Christ.

But we do not look at "keeping the commandments" the same way, Jason: you "keep the commandments" under Law, I keep the commandments through the Eternal Indwelling Spirit of God, as was promised to every man under the Law would be the conditions when God established the New Covenant.

You have been shown this countless times.

The Promise:

Jeremiah 31:31-34
    King James Version (KJV)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

The fulfillment:

Hebrews 8:7-13
    King James Version (KJV)

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The Covenant you seek to bring men under has been made old by God. It has decayed, and waxed old, and vanished. That is why we do not see Jews offering up sacrifice for sins. Just as they wrested the Scripture and the Law and perverted the Law then, they still do so (and I speak of Jews and Gentiles who reject Christ and seek to be under Law still, whether they be of Israel or Gentiles like you).

Jason, your understanding of "Torah" is perverted. No nice way to say it, it is the truth.

Scripture speak of the Law as both the Word of God, as well as the Covenant itself. That is what you do not understand.

You are not seeking to bring men under the Word of God, you are seeking to bring them under the Covenant, a Covenant which you cannot keep, and which cannot save. That is why, even after establishing the Law, Christ had to come to die for the sins of those under the Law.

Your wresting of the Scriptures that is based on a very poor understanding of Scripture (which is a result, apparently, of indoctrination by a cult) will not impact those who have actually studied Scriptures and understood the difference between being under Law and being in Christ.

I have no problem understanding my postings. It is obvious who does. Perhaps if I used less Scripture you might understand better, because it is certain you do not understand simple statements such as...

King James Version (KJV)

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Can you really not see that John is making clear the Spirit of God is going to come at a future date? After Jesus was glorified?

John 14:15-17
    King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Do you not see that here either?

You must be born again, Jason, in order to understand the spiritual things of God. All others simply indulge in Religion, and they will not keep the commandments of God.

You do not keep the commandments of God.

They, like you, perverted the Word of God and sought to bring men under their perversion.

Christians keep the commandments of God through the Eternal Indwelling of God. They keep the Word of God. And nowhere in Scripture are we told to "keep the Torah," which is Old Testament terminology that does not just speak of the Word of God (the revelation provided to them), but the Covenant as well.

You want to keep the Torah, despite the urgings of those who see your error (which replicates the error of the Pharisees, Sadducees, and legalistic believers of the First Century rebuked by both Paul and John), you are free to do so. Just understand that Christians are going to see it for what it is.

This is a true statement.

You need to start doing that:

John 3:5-7
    King James Version (KJV)

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is baseless. Nothing has been added or taken away by me. Only the correct perspectives. Rejecting Christ = wilfully breaking His laws.

You are adding words in your hebrew passage. The word "covenant" is not there and instead it refers to priesthood. That is what was being changed and what the whole book talks about.

Christ is the law embodied. If you don't submit yourself to it you make yourself an enemy to the Creator. That is the true perversion you seek.

Yes, yet the spirit was always there from the very beginning.

You call people who want to keep the Word of Elohim a perversion? You speak out of both sides of your mouth and don't understand

The torah and the word of Elohim are the same thing. Making them different is a bastardization of the text. The error of the pharisees was added man-made rules, never scripture.

Being born again = washed by the word.

1Pe 1:23 having been born again – not of corruptible seed, but incorruptible – through the living Word of Elohim, which remains forever,

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"Elohim" is not in the text.

You add and take away, that is the commandment you break that bothers me the most, and the one that keeps you in bondage to a cult.

What is really sad, Jason, is that this text...is about you:

Let's actually look at the context:

Romans 10
    King James Version (KJV)

1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Did you bother to see who Paul is speaking about? Did you bother to see that he contrasts those of Israel who are under the Law with those who righteous through Christ?

Of course not. Because you proof text your misguided legalism with Scripture you think justifies being under Law, and ignore what is actually being said. You add and take away in your heart, just as you add and take away in your posts.

Now, to make it clear, Paul's desire is that Israel be...saved. What that means is...they are lost.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

I'm not so sure I would put you in the category of one having a zeal for God, because I cannot see how one that ignores what He says can have a zeal for God.

"Not according to knowledge" is an apt description, though, so one out of two aint bad, amigo.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

This is you, my friend. You seek to establish your own righteousness by "keeping the Torah."

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The Greek word is telos, which is the root of the "perfection" spoken of in Hebrews, which itself regards the Promise of God concerning remission of sins.

Here, and pay attention, Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness.

How hard is that to understand?

Again, I would like to remind you that the context is dealing with...Israel. And he (Paul) is contrasting Israel under Law with those who are in Christ, saved, not lost like those who seek to establish their own righteousness through the Law.

Understand?

5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)

Do you see the contrast?

Again, Israel on one side, those of faith on the other.

And you want to talk to me about who is understanding?

You need to keep the commandments of God, the Word of God, and not "the Torah." The first five Books of Scripture and the Age in which they were given did not provide Eternal Redemption to men. The Covenant of Law did not provide Eternal Redemption to men.

Only the Blood of Christ did that, and it is then men began to be born of God, as has been shown to you numerous times. God regenerates those who are of faith, not those who seek to establish their own righteousness, particularly through the Law.

Now you turn to God and ask Him to show you understanding of the passage above. He will do so, Jason. If you will set aside the indoctrinated Religion you have embraced and appeal to the Spirit of Truth, He will enlighten your mind to the truth.

I will leave you with another contrast between those who are under Law and those of faith in Christ, and, how righteousness is imputed in this Age:

Romans 3:21-26
    King James Version (KJV)

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Look at v.1 of this Chapter, and you will see Paul is speaking about Jews. Study this Chapter, Jason, because these people were real Jews, those who had the Torah, who were in Covenant with God according to the God-ordained Covenant established with them, and they still need to be redeemed.

Why would you reject Justification through Christ and set about to establish your own righteousness through the Law?

If Moses could not do it, it is a certainty you will fail also, and the worst part is you are going to be held more accountable than those who rejected the Law:

Hebrews 10:26-29
    King James Version (KJV)

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Notice the Writer does not say ""Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot Moses' Law," but, "...who has trodden underfoot the Son of God." That is what you do.

You don't have to remain as one of the above, with this warning still standing over your head.

You can be among those who have this promise:

Hebrews 10:14-18
    King James Version (KJV)

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

The first part of the Chapter makes it clear that remission of sins is the primary focus, and there is no more sacrifice for sins because those who have been sanctified through Christ's Offering of Himself are made perfect, complete...for ever.

That was the promise of the New Covenant, so I have to ask...

Galatians 4:9
    King James Version (KJV)

9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again, the book you just wrote fails once again to differentiate between oral law and written law. Oral law is what is contended, never written. The message of scripture is the same through the whole book: Repent and return to the Father and follow Him (aka keep His commandments and instructions). Any other message is of Satan.

Hos_8:12 I have written to him the great things of my law, but they were counted as a strange thing.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are rejecting Christ, and His commandments. That is the truth.

Christ nowhere commands Christians to be under the Law. To "keep the Torah."

You make "Torah" a singular meaning in everything you pervert, so I have to ask...why is this...

Galatians 2:16
    King James Version (KJV)

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

...not equally converted in your mind as...

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Torah, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Torah: for by the works of the Torah shall no flesh be justified.

..and why, for Pete's sake...do you not understand that the same Law is in view as the "Torah" that you seek to bring men into bondage to?

Look at it again, Jason, and explain to me why you do not understand what the Word of God, which you falsely claim to "keep," states so very clearly here?

Continued...

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know, too much Scripture, so you didn't bother to read it.

Interferes with your religion, I understand.

God bless.

14. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Faith = Trusting in YHVH and obeying Him. Anyone of faith is an obedient follower of the Creator and His torah:

Rev 14:12 Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones,1 here are those guarding the commands of Elohim and the belief of Yeshua.​

Demons entice you to be lawless while the Christ calls us to follow Him (obedience).

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're making it too easy to point out what is either sincere blindness, or a dishonesty that by the Law would have made you worthy of death according to men like yourself who perverted the Law and the Word of God.

Here is what I wrote:

You say...

If you will at least admit to your error here, then perhaps you can start being honest with yourself about your other error.

I did not add or take away anything, for Covenant...is mentioned eight times.

And yes, the Priesthood was changed, because the New Covenant required a Priest Who did not have to continually offer up sin.

I am going to ask you to publicly admit the error of this statement, Jason. Show you can be man enough to own up to your dishonest statement. You see, some of us actually read what our antagonists say.

Tell me again how "Covenant is not in there."

Continued...

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show how properly understanding Scripture is lawlessness. Show how you can insert a word (elohim) into a text in which elohim is not found?

You kid yourself to think you are "keeping the Torah."

God bless.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at what you are saying, Jason:

Christ is the law embodied. If you don't submit yourself to it...

Just as I have said...you are seeking to make men submit to the Law.

You are a Christ rejecter.

The Word of God makes it clear that it is not the works of the Law through which God ministers the Spirit:

Galatians 3:5
    King James Version (KJV)

5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Just as the numerous Scriptures ignored in the previous posts today, the Word of God makes it clear that it is through faith in Christ that men are justified. If you seek to be justified by the Law you will die in your sins, even as Moses did. And when you stand before Christ it will be your works, not your faith...that will be judged.

Continued...

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not the "Spirit" that is fulfilling the Prophecy of Christ, which is the Spirit of Truth. The Comforter.

You are very much mistaken in that and there is no real reason for you to be.

King James Version (KJV)

John 16:7
    King James Version (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Ask God to give you wisdom, Jason, and ask Him to open your eyes to the simple truth given above. Yes, the Spirit of God has from Creation been here, but we are speaking about the Spirit of Truth that Christ prophesied would come after He returned to Heaven and sent Him. You have been shown this simple truth in great detail numerous times, so at this point show me why the Lord's teachings above are untrue, and your assertion that He "has always been here" is instead true.

Continued...

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I call people who teach that men must "keep the Torah" perverted, and perverting the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

And it is not me you revile, my friend, it is the very Scripture given you.

When a person can read Scripture that contrasts the First Covenant and the New Covenant eight times and says...

...then the perversion becomes all too clear.

Not sure why you would want to join in with Israel...

Romans 11:25
    King James Version (KJV)

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

You do not understand the Mystery of the Gospel of Christ, and refuse to obey the Word of God, which by the commandment of Christ Himself demands that every man obey the Gospel.

And the fact is that understanding of the Gospel was not given to men under the Law...

Romans 16:24-26
    King James Version (KJV)

24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

...and it is clear that is has still not been revealed to those who are under the Law, or, as you like to say...keeping the Torah.

You must obey the Gospel, you must be in obedience of faith, and you must be born again (of God, of Spirit, from above).

Continued...

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Jason, they are not. That is what I have been trying to get across to you: the Gospel of Christ, though found in the Torah, and the Covenant, was not revealed to men who were under the Law, which covers both the written Scripture as well as the Covenant.

That is why God promised to establish the New Covenant, and He did so through Jesus Christ.

Again, see this truth:

Ephesians 1:9-10
    King James Version (KJV)

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

In view is man's "reunion" with God, that is, God in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. In view is the same teaching of Christ in John 14 in which Eternal UNion with God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost would take place at a future date from the time of His teaching in John 14. That is what John 7:38-39 is saying, Eternal Life affter the Spirit of Truth is sent, and Christ is glorified, which places the Spirit's coming not just after the Cross, but after Christ's return to Heaven.

That is what Christ taught.

And that is what He commands you to believe. It's not open for debate, because it cannot be debated.

Go to Biblegateway and do a search of the word "mystery." Read the passages where it is made clear that understanding of the Gospel is not given to men in past Ages.

Don't take my word for it...take God's Word for it, but, you are going to have to actually read the Word of God.

Continued...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.