1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hate Groups According to the SPLC

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Sapper Woody, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you combine KKK, neo nazi and white nationalist groups you get a number almost double the black separatist groups.

It is because there are so many subcategories of white hate groups while only 1 category for black that you have this phenomenon. The other groups of racist skinhead, anti Muslim and anti LGBT, neoconfederate and Christian identity are also likely mostly white but harder to tell from their grouping. Also this is not a chart of membership numbers but simply numbers of different groups.

If you click into the link you get a map that is interesting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sapper Woody

I will readily concede those points. But they don't undermine my point, which I will admit wasn't clearly stated.

My point is that there is a large representation of black racists in the US, even according to the SPLC. But yet that gets brushed under the rug and only white people get accused of racism.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are racists in all races unfortunately. It is almost a default position, part of human nature and pervades all human cultures, some more explicitly than others. It is only by speaking out against racism and intentionally raising up next generations with the proper values can it be eliminated. Left to our own devices, humans will inherently be racist.

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am surprised at this. Usually they go after Christian organizations and accuse them of being hate groups.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Racism is an extension of tribalism which has been the source of violence from the beginning and exists between people of the same race. Humans have an innate tendency to protect those perceived to be in the tribe and be hostile to those perceived to be outsiders.

We do it for all sorts of tribes whether race, nationality, ideology, theology, politics, culture, gender, sexuality, age, occupation, corporation, the list goes on. Civil society exists when various tribes can coexist and disagree peacefully for the common good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SPLC should list itself as a hate group.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the money! The SPLC is a big hate group and just lists organizations for no reason at all. Morris Dees has made millions of dollars at the SPLC. The SPLC is despicable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SPLC is one of the biggest hate groups in America.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been looking at the list and it seems to exclude some of the Christian organizations that were formerly listed under "general hate". But I've been trying to remember which ones they were and am coming up short.

11. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had never even heard of them until you posted this. It sounds like you hadn't even heard of them. When have they ever even been involved in anything?

12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'Morris Dees, a mail order guru and cut rate lawyer for a KKK thug, built the Southern Poverty Law Center into one of the greatest mail order scams on earth. Harper’s Magazine dubbed the SPLC a “fraud” that casually throws around the “hate group” label, “shuts down debate” and “stifles free speech”.'

...."There’s no question that the SPLC’s listings are comprehensive. They included, at one point, Ben Carson, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz’s father, a Republican nominee for Governor of Colorado, a former Republican member of the House from Colorado, a Republican member of the House from Iowa and the African-American former Secretary of State of Ohio. Current SPLC targets include the President of the United States and nearly every member of his cabinet. The SPLC’s definition of extremist is Republican."

The Freedom Center Beats the Southern Poverty Law Center

SPLC is just another Democrat hate group. They are in it for the money as Morris Dees has gotten very wealthy with SPLC. I think that he even listed Focus on the Family as a hate group, didn't he?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sapper Woody

In hoping I'm correct in that your "them" meant the black Separatists and not the SPLC. If not, then this reply will be way off.

But I had heard of them before, and have actually talked to some people who held their to of beliefs. What I was surprised about was that the SPLC listed them as hate groups, knowing how liberal the SPLC is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

14. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotcha. Well the SPLC puts a lot of stuff on that list so I'm not super surprised. They pretty much treat everything as fair game.