1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

have you ever heard someone say these things>>>

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by massdak, Dec 4, 2002.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Really? I took them to be a position of hurt. When a person feels in a way to say the things you have listed... I think it's important to take that attitude towards that person and pray with them to overcome their feelings of hopelessness and despair.

To decide that it's a position of pride and deal with them according to that non-compassionate view point I believe would make the problem worse.

Yes, any thoughts of self could be considered prideful...but take that tact when the person is not in a depressed state.

As to the McDonalds slogans that you recently stated...it's their business to want to please.

I'm going to add something here for you to ponder: When you treat a person as prideful for saying self-depricating statements such as these...that is also pride.
    </font>[/QUOTE]i am not sure i understand your meaning about the mcdonalds slogans, and your comment on treating a person as prideful with self dpricating statements? could you expand on that meaning.