1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HBO Series, Band of Brothers (WWII)

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by InTheLight, Jul 5, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Saw this a long time ago. Not bad. My personal policy is whenever Hollywood
    comes out with any sort of war picture dealing with WWI, (regardless of content)
    I'm skeptical. There has been are many movies that are historically inaccurate
    and sensationalized for the sake of entertainment.

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I like the series. First watched it during downtime in basic training. It's a great series.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now this is where it can get a bit tricky - there is another thread about TV- which asked if Christians should get rid of theirs.

I have seen this movie - on DVD - being war - a lot of killing - ect - is a movie such as this acceptable for Christians
    How about a movie such as Saving Private Ryan, lets go back to the golden age of TV - Combat! again very realistic, but lots of killing, ect.

5. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I meant WWII in my post above. I don't care for trench warfare movies.
    Give me the Good Guys vs the Nazi's anytime.

6. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Salty, someone once said "War is hell!" and he's right. There is no such thing as a "clean" war,
    or in modern politically-correct "warfare", the way Bill Clinton wanted it, when he ordered
    our people into Bosnia back in the 90's, he wanted a war free of casualties. We could shoot
    at enemy combatants, we just weren't allowed to kill them.

If anyone is bothered by war pictures, small or big screen, then don't watch any of them.
    There is going to be killing. Period. Real or fiction.

Ever see "Where Eagles Dare" starring Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton? This too was
    a WWII action flick. It's winter time in the Austrian Alps. A team of British special ops with
    one American (Eastwood) assigned to rescue an American General captured by the Nazi's
    and taken to a castle on a mountain, to be interrogated about secret plans for the upcoming
    invasion of Normandy! You could only reach the top by elevated car or by flying like an eagle.
    This turned out to be a very bloody movie. Some bad language. Yet, fortunately enough, no
    sex or nudity.

#6 Shadowlands, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017