1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

He was correct

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 16, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dan Miller (http://www.48days.net) promotes a self-help and self-fulfillment gospel. Life is not about me finding my "dream job" but about being a SLAVE of God and serving him (Ecc 12:13-13, Mk 16:15). Listening & reading messages by James MacDonald, John MacArthur, John Piper, etc.. has opened my eyes to this reality. While it would be wonderful to get a job where it would be like play and fun to work, this is not exactly a promise. With some God chooses to bless this way, and others God allows Satan to bless them this way. The devil wants people to find their dream job so that they do not need God. I fear that Dan Miller and those in his company have been influenced by deceptive devils that are promoting that needs based self-fulfillment gospel that he preaches. So by that token I would say that Old Timer was correct.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF you listen to him and others, you will find the subtle message that God wants to financially prosper all christians large way, and that how much you make is a major determining factor in which career to go into, but my Bible states that IF you seek first god and His ways/Will, than he will reveal to you by circumstances/situations/guidance what his palns are fior you in a given point in time, and may not be the job paying the best!