1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Headed into Mexico

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Mexdeaf, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I'm heading across the border in about 2 hours to teach a VBS at a school for the Deaf this week, then will return home on Friday, repack, recharge and go back next Sunday afternoon for a week of Deaf Camp. Would sincerely appreciate your prayers for safety as things are kind of "hot" over there right now- not the weather, but the drug war. Also please pray for me to remember Spanish and Mexican Sign Language. Since I've been mostly Stateside for the past two years I am rusty.

Also please pray for my wife to have peace- she's worried. I tell her "Our God is bigger than their guns" but that's easier to say than believe when you see the pictures of the violence there.

Thanks in advance for your prayers.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I will be praying for your protection and may God assure your dear wife that God is going to put a seal of security around you in your coming and going across the border.
    Lord, may many precious souls be saved during this time of VBS and camp. In Your name,Jesus. Amen:praying::1_grouphug:

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I know you have a heart for that place - praying for you

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are in my prayers!

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your prayers! We had a great week. Had around 60 deaf and hearing kids and young people in VBS each day. The Lord gave us nice clear weather (HOT!) and safety.

I'm going to unpack, wash, and reload for another trip leaving Sunday p.m. and returning Friday next week a little further into Mexico.

Thanks again!

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praise the Lord for your safety! And we will be praying for another safe trip back to Mexico this Sunday! May there be safety for you, salvation received by those whom you will be ministering to, and security in God's presence to your dear wife!

Thank You, Lord for your mercy and grace to one of Your children!:praying::1_grouphug:

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We will continue to pray for your safety as you will be returning to Mexico!
    Praying for your precious wife too!
    May many souls be won to Christ!
    Bless you for obeying the Lord!

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Great week in camp- over 30 campers- 4 saved, 11 baptized. Thank the Lord for His blessings and for safety.

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praise the Lord!
    So glad to hear that you made it back over the border!
    That is wonderful news 30 campers, that 4 souls were saved and that there were 11 who were baptized!
    Thanks Mexdeaf for obey the Lord!
    Thank You, Lord for protecting Mexdeaf and his dear wife!!