1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Headship in the world

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by The Carpinator, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Pierce

Pierce New Member

hey would you like to go back to a day and age in which women were frowned on for passing their children off to daycare centers so they could chase after their materialistic dreams? I would.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Materalistic dreams?
    like what, medical care for their children? Food? Education? A home?
    Stuff like this costs a lot more then it ever did,and way too many in this country do not have medical insurance availaible to them. Like it or not, many women work because if they did not their children would not have these things.(I said many, not all)
    back when a man could amke all the money his family needed was when cars were less then $2,000 new, and homes could be had for $10,000.
    Of course on Leave it to Beaver, and Father Knows Best they were educated men able to earn more money becasue of it. even back then there were men not able to make enough money to support their families. And if you go even further back, many lived off farms, and if the farm did not make them enough this year they did without basics, sometimes food. Poverty has always exsisted and it always will. I see no reason to down people(women) who want to climb their way out of poverty and take care of themselves instead of asking the state to do it.
    Until you can guarentee a good enough education so every man can have a good enough job to support a family right, then i see no problem with a women needing to help her husband.

3. Pierce

Pierce New Member

Donna,
    Do you have any background in Economics?

Pierce

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Headship in the world is not scripturelly required to belong to one gender, ethnicity, faith, etc. Scrpture tells us only to submit to authorities.

5. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Carpinator,

The wife has to have all the kids homework squared away, the house clean, dinner cooking so you can be the spiritual leader you need to be?
    That is a little lame dude. I'm glad I'm not your wife. Should she also take your shoes and sock off and massage your feet? BTW, my name is shannon but I'm a dude. I've been married 12yrs. We homeschool three kids, travel on deputation I help scrub the toliets, fold laundry, vacum, grade school papers etc...I also helped my wife do this while pastoring and going to Bible college. I'm not saying I'm the perfect husband or anything like that but your view is a little off. Go back and read Diane's post. It takes 100% effort on both parts.
    I do believe God has an order to things Christ is head of the church man submits to Christ our wives submit to us.
    Yet, the hard part to swallow and remember as the man is the fact that we should "love our wives like Christ loved the church". When we as men fail to practice that principle we shouldn't expect a super duper response from our wives.

6. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I'll call them chauvenists if you like. We still pay attention to them because you can be right on a lot of things and still be wrong on others. That doesn't mean we have to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

So you think women should be denied educations, jobs, and the vote?