1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Health Care Mandate Applies to All -- Except the Amish

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I understand that in one circumstance you see it as OK giving some particular groups an exemtion while in this case you do not.

Once again I think we are at the point it is best to just agree to disagree. We have both made our points.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Steve2006, you took words out of context to weave your case. What I wrote was:

"Further, no, I "don't believe that we as Christians or our churches should have any protection or exemptions that is not made available to everyone else in the country". The law should apply equally to everyone whether Christian or not. The law should recognize the church as the church and keep its hands off it in so far as the church's domain is concerned. The general tax exemption for churches does not infringe upon this principle because it applies to all churches not just those of a particular sect."

There are different aspects of the law involved here. Christians and non-Christians as are and should be equal under the law. Churches should be recognized as churches and should be equal under the law as churches. Churches, as an institution, are different that individuals such as Christians and non-Christians.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

That is not what I wrote! I wrote that "Liberty demands that we all get the same treatment under the law and that no favoritism be given to one religious sect over another. That does not weaken our religious rights - it helps to preserve and protect them!"

The "we" refers to religious sects. This is fundamental, Steven2006, to our religious freedom.

The special tax exemption for the Amish is a valid reason to reject the pending health care legislation. But, of course, even without this exemption the entire concept should be rejected.

#63 Dragoon68, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
  4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Should this health care reform pass...... We also have options....

Right or wrong, whether just or not..... we can resist and refuse to accept it and enact it and fight it everyway we can....

If there are enough resisting, then some may become the heros who paid penalties and suffered enforcement of laws at the first resistance... but if enough bolt against this injustice.... There may be enough to join in this fight to help us all to take back our rights....

It may cost some. It may cost some dearly. It depends upon our own determination to take a stand.... whether we have to start as loners or have a group to join us. In a 'fight' to take back our liberty..... there is a price to pay by some..... and there is never a promise that the success will ever go beyond the subtleness that one was true to what they believed. At the height of the American Revolution less than 20% were in favor and joined in the fight or gave their support. The others sat in the grandstands, contented with the status quo.