1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Health Insurance issue

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by agedman, Dec 26, 2013.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not interested in the politics surrounding this issue.

Rather, I am interested in how healthcare impacts your situation and family.

What changes are you making to adjust to the health care law(s)?

What do you expect will be a problem in your situation with how the law will impact the assembly?

Will the assembly need to pay more attention to the health needs of it's members?

Do assemblies need to establish some relationship with professional medical facilities to exclusively facilitate member's needs as a coop?

How heavily has the financial burden of healthcare been in the past ___ number of years as compared to what you expect it will be in 2014?

If you could wave that "magic wand" over "health care" including all medical facilities, pharmacological, dental, vision, ... what broad stroke change would you make and what would you expect would be the result?​
    If I haven't included a question that may be considered "NON _ POLITICAL" then please feel obliged to include it.

Note: Again, this isn't to be a political discussion; rather, a discussion on a common area that impacts us all as to the finances and expectations.

I would like to hear from our friends out side of the US and get their perspective of health care burdens and what is necessary (or would be nice) to have in place to meet the needs.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is this a Baptist issue

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is costing us an extra 178.00 every 2 weeks from wife paycheck, and also have heard that in order to qualify for the govt credits, many are debating whether to divorce and still live togethere to keep coverage!

For if filing joint, make too much, but as divorced aprties and filing seperate, qualify for credits!

So Govt policy encouraging brreakdown of the marriage...

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife's insurance went from $407 per month for 100% coverage with a $15 per visit co-pay to $735 per month that only covers 80% of doctor and hospital cost with a per doctor visit co-pay of $25. As she is considerably younger than I she will not be eligible for Medicare for another 5 years. :(