1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Health Insurance Marketplace

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what it said:

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have a nasty habit of reading what you want to read, not what is said. I did post that people could be snarling up the new exchange websites because they want to use ObamaCare.

I did post a Gallup poll survey that said 2 out of 3 people currently without insurance said they would buy insurance. Among uninsured people, 2 out of 3 is "most".

You would have a point if the choice to buy insurance was totally, and only, about spending more or less than the penalty. People buy insurance because they want protection from a catastrophe, not because it is cheaper than something else. If someone doesn't buy insurance it is because they don't think they need it. People that opt not to buy life insurance don't say, "well, it costs more than my extended channel lineup on cable TV, so I'll pass on that."

Now explain why 2 out of 3 people without insurance said they would buy it?

There's that habit of yours again. Again, I didn't vote for Obama. I can't stand him. I haven't voted for a Democrat in 23 years.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yesterday and today, they didn't. A cross section of state exchanges showed that out of all visitors, only 1.5% are actually signing up. Now ... you explain that.

You know, you keep saying this, but it is hard to believe, given all the time you have spent the last week defending his position on refusing to delay the ACA, refusing to consider defunding it, refusing to negotiate with Republicans. So, if you don't like him, why do you keep defending him and making his argument for him on this board?? That's a very conflicted viewpoint to hold, I would think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.