1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heavens & Hells On Earth?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Jun 29, 2003.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all talk about Heaven as the place of Eternal Salvation and happiness for ALL God's grace wrought blood bought children!... And we talk about Hell and Eternal Damnation for those who do not belong to him!... Is earth some kind of testing ground... How you behave here determines if you will go to heaven or go to hell?... If so then is not the Bible the instruction book to tell you how to get there and a map with the directions?... If so then what do you do with this scripture... Search the scriptures for in THEM ye think YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE and THEY are THEY... That TESTIFY OF ME!... If what I do or don't do determines where I will go or won't go why does the Bible say my Eternal Life is in Jesus Christ and him alone... Why is it his sacrifice... his work... his blood... his life... his ALL IN ALL... If I can just get it any time at will?

One would think that Eternal Life being what it is and all it contains and the benefits and blessing of it that everybody would be tearing down the doors of the church to get it!... Does anyone really want to be miserable and unhappy?... I know I don't!... It's a terrible feeling!... But what about the Heavens and Hells on earth do they exist as we are waiting for the real things!... Don't God's children find themselves in them in their journey in time?... I don't worry about the devil later I'm concerned about him in the here and now... Here and now!

I'm not worried about God's children losing their Eternal Salvation as that is not in the Bible I read... If you are saved you are saved!... If you are damned you are damned... I don't believe in saved/damned or damned/saved!... You are either one of the other eternally!... You either belong to Jesus Christ or you don't!... That is Bible and that is simple plain talk... No need to beat around the bush!

That being said I also believe... THAT GOD WILL SAVE ALL HIS CHILDREN... AND I MIGHT ADD NOT LOSE A ONE THAT THE SON DIED FOR!... But I also believe there are many heavens and hells for God's children on their way to glory and if you don't believe so... You do not see the same world I do... And they can also be in the church!... If you do not have the mind of Christ Jesus the devil will follow you in church and sit in the same pew you do!... He likes church to and relishes to destory your heaven... Just some of my thoughts!... To each his own!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. And He chose me as His child and saved me as His own. And gave me eternal life from before the foundation of the world. Praise His Name!

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Are you a Calvinist without your freewill?

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

There are no heavens on earth...there are no hells on earth. There are nice places and pleasant circumstances but our minds have never even come close to conceiving the wonder of the real, eternal heaven. There are not so nice places and horrible unpleasant circumstances but, our minds cannot grasp the sheer terror and hopelessness of the real, eternal hell. I understand what someone means when they use those expressions but, if you stop and think about it, they are such outrageously unrealistic expressions that the first one is an insult to the place that Jesus is preparing for us and the other just trivializes the untilmate in places to avoid.

5. Me2

Me2 New Member

I agree tyndale with your conclusions of heaven and hell on earth.

the spirit world presently holds both heaven and hell.
    hell being a place of "seperation" of God where the devil and his demons can operate.
    heaven seen as the opposite. the abiding within the Holy Spirit.

when this environment is not necessary. God will re-create heaven or the spirit abode without the side which contains evil or "hell". ie, new heaven

question is: are you abiding in the spirit or are you living under the law.?

who's power are you under the influence of ?....

Me2

6. Big Al

Big Al New Member

Just a thought, but to me , heaven is to be with the Lord in a new body, a perfect body. And as far as hell goes the true torture of hell is to be completely removed from the presence of God with no hope of ever coming into His presence except on judgment day.
    I dont think either of these has taken place yet, at least not for me, so I will continue on my pilgrimidge toward my home, .... HEAVEN, the true heaven where my Father is and His son is the light thereof

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a Calvinist without your freewill? </font>[/QUOTE]Wait a minute. You DON'T believe that God chose you as His child before the foundation of the world?

Are you a Christian?

(Now, see how ludicrous that sounds? Let's not change the subject of this thread. Go to the biblicist v arminian forum to discuss the issue, ok?)

8. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Yes, I am a Christian, but I am not a Calvinist or Arminianist.