1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hebrew and Greek only

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Ben Mills SsBG, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Ben Mills SsBG

Ben Mills SsBG New Member

I know that I am not a Baptist and am therefore not suppose to post here. But I will anyway because this issue of translations is a pet peeve of mine. For what it is worth I believe that all people who call themselves by the name of christian should read and memorize scripture in the original languages. This goes for both First and Second Testaments. I am 23 and I know Greek and Hebrew. In the Islamic faith they only allow people to read and memorize in Arabic. This is something that Christians need to do as well. We as westerners are too lazy to work at reading and understanding scripture so we come out with easier translations every year. Of course you all know that the translation boom is not just so people can read the bible easier, it is so people can get rich. I have never understood how people can justify SELLING the word of Elohim. We are making a profit off of Elohim. Is that not one of the reasons Jesus got angry in the temple? Just some food for thought. Jesus Wouldn’t Sell Bibles, JWSB.

2. Orvie

Orvie New Member

You're right, you can't post here. However, there's another thread about versions, etc for anybody to post, go there. Hava nice day.

3. Ben Mills SsBG

And the will know we are Christians by our love?

4. russell55

russell55 New Member

It has nothing to do with not treating you with love, it has to do with submission to the rules of the forum.

5. Ben Mills SsBG

Oh I see. May I ask why the rule is there?

6. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

My assumption: Baptistboard, instead of "Christianboard".

7. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is being moved to Other Religions / Doctrines Forum. You may access the thread by clicking "This topic has been moved to Other Religions / Doctrines." at the top of this page.

While we expect all Baptist Board members to abide by the rules, the greatest commandment is still love.