1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hebrew Interlinear

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 17, 2005.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I have a Greek Interlinear Bible that I use often for reference. I have been looking for a Hebrew Interlinear, and have not had much luck. Do any of you know of one?

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, it is included with a Greek also. I really like it.

General Editor and translator is Jay P. Green, Sr. and it has Strong's concordance numbers above each word. copyright 1976 by the Trinitarian BIble Society of London and also includes "A literal translation of the Bible" in the side column for which Green holds a 1985 copyright. This is the second edition ISBN: 0-913573-25-6

It uses the Masoretic text as set in 1866 by the British and Foreign Bible Society and the Received Text by Scrivener.

What IS good it has a list of varients between it and The Majority Text in the apendix in a single location and chart.

It is in one volumn which is large, but only about 3 inches or so thick. Big, but not too big to carry around and easily use.

I may have another, let me check when I get home. It seems like I may have a stand-alone Hebrew, I just can't remember. I am a book fiend, just ask my wife, she can't stand the fact that I have my entire office lined with books along with books in our bedroom.

I found it on ebay and it was not cheap. It seems like the complete Biblical Interlinears go for a LOT more than NT interlinears.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally I think interlinear versions will stunt your growth!

Ditto, my wife worries about the floor sagging underneath my library.

John Kohlenberger has one called The Interlinear NIV Hebrew-English Old Testament and uses BHS as it's text.

The Libronix digital library is currently developing one called The Fairhaven Hebrew-English Interlinear Bible (Christo van der Merwe - General Editor) this addition will eventually include the tense of the words (verb, noun, pronoun, etc.) and will be more useful than a print version.

Cost is about the same, 70 to 80 dollars for each.

The computer version is much thiner than the print version. :D

Rob

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

That depends on whether or not your using one of the new flat screens. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yes, I know, CD, CD, CD. I just ALWAYS have to make a smart remark.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Phillip, thanks for the information on the Hebrew/Greek Interlinear by Green. I found a great deal on Amazon.com, it was 53 dollars total, and then I after I applied for Amazon Visa (which I will cancel later) I got the Bible for 27.53 including shipping. [​IMG]

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

OOOOPS ... Can you send it back ...

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

IMHO (and a few pastors and scholars)

Kohlenberger might be better ... and he doesn't have that goof in the introduction ... But, he doesn't have the strongs numbers...

Zondervan's reference web page