1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hell, Ghenna.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by David Michael, Jun 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. David Michael

David Michael New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, I was born anew /again in 1984.

Bit of a story.

My question is, if people are not born again in their life time here in this present world are they lost / and will perish forever. ( Also is misery involved, eternal punishment etc ).

It is something puzzling me at the moment regarding my outlook on my future days. ( I think I am being called to preach ).

Many thanks.

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there is Matthew 25:41-46 and Revelation 14:10-11. Now the soul dies, Ezekiel 18:4, Isaiah 53:12, not in our first physical death, but for the lost in in the second death, Matthew 10:28. What does not die is called "their" plural, "worm" singluar, Mark 9:48. Christ suffered for sins only on the cross and finished the payment for sin, John 19:29, proir to His physcial death, John 19:30. So the prophecy says of Christ on the cross, Psalms 22:6, "But I am a worm, and no man; . . ." So in the gospel accounts where Jesus says He lays down His "life," it is His "soul" being translated His "life."

3. David Michael

David Michael New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really am looking for a yes or no answer to my question, and not any sort of ambiguity. I have prayed but not got an answer as of yet.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the lost suffer for eternity, Revelation 14:10-11.

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I've known many preachers in my day David and talked to a lot of them and heard their stories over my 50 years in the church... Though not called to preach myself all of them said the same thing, if you are truly called to preach by God... God will provide a way... Brother Glen:)

Btw... Most of them also told me that, they had a fire in their bones and they couldn't do nothing but preach!

6. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read out loud on a street corner the first chapter of Romans several times. If you still feel called to preach, go for it. Instead of the word Rome use street corner. That is where God’s Word from Romans 1 will be heard. You will not have to prepare anything, but it should show how willing you are. It covers the gospel, why you are standing on the corner. Mentions lots of sin and the result of sin. If hell is not a reality to you by the end of reading the chapter, there will probably be a strong spiritual sense of hatred against you.

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, if people are not born again in their lifetime they are lost forever. Jesus was very clear about that. The story (not parable) of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16) shows the rich man immediately going to Hell (hades) at death and suffering. There is no mention of a second chance after death, or an intermediate state such as Purgatory.

Jesus taught that lost people physically go to Hell (Matt. 5:30), and that the fire of Hell is unquenchable (Mark 9:43). You mention Gehenna. Jesus used the term almost all of the times it occurs in the New Testament. It was very clear to the Jews of His day that Jesus meant a place of eternal fire, Hell.

If God is calling you to preach, you must do it. If you don't, you will always regret it. The thing is, the doctrine of hell should sadden you. Famous evangelist John R. Rice told preachers that if they could preach on Hell without tears, they were backslidden.

I've been preaching the Gospel for 50 years now, and do not regret a single second of it. My wife and I spent 33 years as missionaries to Japan. Now, if there is no Hell, and people can get saved some other way, we have wasted our lives. But we have not. We were thrilled to see many Japanese trust Christ as Savior. There is no greater blessing than to see the Holy Spirit save a soul from Hell through the blood of Jesus..

#7 John of Japan, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes unregenerate perish in hell