1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hell - Is it real?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by inpeace, Jun 28, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Bob.

Explain please why there will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.
    Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

john.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The get to have Christ and the SAINTS observe them in pure torment "DAY AND NIGHT". They have NO rest at all during the time of their torment AND THEY have their own family WATCHING!!

No question about it!

OF course it is entirely possible that there will be some Calvinists in heaven trying to "fake a little joy" as they watch their loved ones in the flames. But I don't think they will be able to "keep that up long".

How about you?

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Bob.
    And that you believe their torment goes on forever and ever. That is, 'the time of their torment', forever and ever no rest day or night because I thought you did not believe that.
    Fake joy! :cool: Not me man man I'm going into the tissue business and clean up! :cool: Won't be fake joy.

john.

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They keep telling me I am "Seeing things" when I claim to find Calvinists here promising to REJOICE when they see their loved ones tormented.

Don't go away JohnP -- I am perhaps the only one here that really NEEDS you.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As for the Bible texts I posted - yep -- they are ALL REAL!!

(I know you are thinking that only Rev 14 is REAL as you anticipate the JOY of your loved ones tormented in the presence of Christ and OBSERVED by the saints to suffer -- but in fact ALL the texts on this subject ARE REAL!!)

In Christ,

Bob

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    </font>[/QUOTE]

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Seems to me that Day and Night as God made them are work period and rest period, warm and cold, light and dark. If one is cast into the lake of fire, there can be no work period or rest period, no warm or cold, no light or dark for two reasons, the lake of fire is constant fire and brimstone, and very life of one cast therein no longer exists! So I have no problem with that statement.

9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    I have an answer thank you Wes. No Hell!

Then what does torment mean if the beings tormented are no longer being? Can a non-person, non-being, a person that does not exist be tormented? :cool:

Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Hello Bob.
    PR 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. :cool:

Ashes to ashes dust to dust They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Is where it's at. :cool:
    Then what does torment mean if the beings tormented are no longer being? Can a non-person, non-being, a person that does not exist be tormented? :cool:

john.

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Johnp,
    Why do you fail to understand that this heaven and earth shall pass away (Revelation 21). Do you think that in the "new heaven and Earth" the evening news is going to be showing scenes of satan and all the rest basqueing in their eternal torment for all the rest of eternity? .....Booorrriiinnnggg!

Since there is no further need for Hell (the lake of fire), it too shall cease to exist! There is a natural law, to wit, if you don't use it you lose it! God is not going to be using the lake of fire once this present heaven and earth pass away.

Get with the program Johnp, stop fighting the plain truth!

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

ooops, double post!

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Is it real? yes, absolutely. Is it a literal place that I can point to and say "there it is" dunno, dun't matter.

13. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Try that in a court of law!

14. johnp.

johnp. New Member

I don't think it is meant to entertain Wes! :cool:
    Don't you think that God knows what He is doing? In the newness will exist a group of people who are suffering the most awful pain imaginable forever. Angels included. It is not up for negotiation and there is no time limit on the sentence. Read what it says Wes.

They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
    Will be. Forever. Tormented.

john.

15. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I don't think it is meant to entertain Wes! :cool:
    Don't you think that God knows what He is doing? In the newness will exist a group of people who are suffering the most awful pain imaginable forever. Angels included. It is not up for negotiation and there is no time limit on the sentence. Read what it says Wes.

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ceasing to exist is also for ever and ever!

16. johnp.

johnp. New Member

no one ceases to exist Wes

john.

17. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

That's your story and you're sticking to it!

18. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Wes,

Johnp is right.

Look at example of a rich man is now tornmenting in the fire in Luke chapter 16. Obivously, a rich man is not not sleep, but his soul is still alive and continue suffering in the fire right for over 2,000 years.

Same with the lake of fire, they shall have NO rest and shall suffering in there forever and ever without end.

The passed away of first heaven and old earth of Rev. 20:10; 21:1 or 2 speak of the first former creation which is now existing, but sins already right there around everywhere. That why God shall have to destroyed old heavens and old earth because of sins. So, God shall recreate new heavens and new earth, there shall be no sin to be exist forever and ever.

BUT, the lake of fire shall never, never to be halt, it shall remain forever and ever, where all unbelievers shall suffering there forever and ever. Also, that place shall be separated from God, new heaven, and new earth forever and ever.

Believe what the Bible saying so.

Of course, hell is a LITERAL place, no doubt.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

DeafPosttrib

The Rich Man story is Allegory (a story to relate a principle). It demonstrates the condition of man regarding sending one back from the dead. If man doesn't believe the Word of God, sending one back from the dead will not make a difference. that is what the rich man story is all about! The rich man is a story, not a reality.

The lake of fire will vanish when all evil and all unbelievers have been cast there in. There will be NO evil in the New Heaven and New Earth, There will be NO DYING THERE, because everyone there will have everlasting life. God does not give everlasting life only to take it back from those who have it. Therefore there will be no punishment of evil that does not exist, thus no lake of fire! It too will cease to exist because there is no need for it!

Between Revelation 20 and revelation 21, the lake of fire will cease to exist, no further need!

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Yes. Hell is real. Torment is forever. I also believe scripture about a CERTAIN rich man and Lazarus was not an allegory or parable but a true happening.

Matthew 25:41
    Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.