1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jelio13, Jan 10, 2009.

1. jelio13

jelio13 New Member

Hello, my name is Jennifer, here in Texas. I am a Christian going to a Baptist Church for about 8 years. It's a great Church but we are in a slump and need
    some prayer. We are in the process of looking for a new Youth Leader and a couple of other places that need to be filled. I was wary of going to a forum but was excited to find a Christian forum! This is exciting to talk to others with the same beliefs and goals in life. Thanks for letting me talk, hope to hear from some when you can. Thanks for the encouragement too! Jennifer

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board! I used to live in Madill, which is across the lake and river.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

From TN: Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

Several famous people from TN either died in TX (e.g., former US Congressman from TN David Crockett) or did rather well in TX (e.g., former TN governor Sam Houston). Hopefully you and yours will fall into that 2d category for at least for the time being! :thumbs:

Way on back in the 20th century my brother lived in the Richardson-Plano area (along w/ my SIL & niece [Since then all 3 have moved to AZ.]).

Looks as if you're not too far away from them northerners who call themselves Sooners [as in "I'd sooner be in any place but Oklahoma!"]. :smilewinkgrin:

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Welcome to the BB!

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello Jennifer!

A great BIG welcome to the BB from the great state of Illinois!

Come on down to the COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE in "All Other Discussions", where as Christians, we are all on common ground...

It is a great place to kick back, relax, and get to know each other. And we have FREE food and beverages!

Blessings,
    §ue :)

6. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hello and welcome from England. I am glad you found us.

Blessings

following-Him

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Jennifer. :godisgood:

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Welcome to the asylum!

9. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

There you go again, rbell!! :laugh:

Admit it......This asylum that you keep evoking in the presence of our new BB people is bound to cause them to wonder exactly who it was that made it into an asylum.

Jennifer, I'll give you a clue....Athough it's not likely he'll fess up to it---and not mentioning anyone's name in particular--I think it's that guy from Central Alabama who had a big hand in making BB the asylum that he claims it is today. :thumbs:

Come clean, my Brother.....Come clean!! :smilewinkgrin: