1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help with choice of school

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by jeffrey bach, Dec 26, 2002.

1. jeffrey bach

jeffrey bach Guest

I am looking for a good fundamental college for my son to finish his last two years at. I am looking for something that is fundamentally sound (kjv in practice and spirit - none of this undercutting the kjv in the greek or latin classes) with a good music program ( psalms, hymms and spriritual song ) not classical or modern praise and worship stuff. He has a heart for the ministry in music and his major is secondary education. He does need to get a degree ( Paul had to make tents and undoubtly sold them in the secular realm )

I have been searching and toured several schools but no peace yet. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

2. broallison

broallison New Member

Three that I know of that would probably make good choices are Fairhaven Baptist College, Chesterton, IN, Crown College in Powell TN, or Ambassador Baptist College in Latourette, NC. All seem to have what you described.

Bro. Allison

3. LAWC

LAWC New Member

Perhaps let your son decide that for himself? If he's finished with two years, he should be old enough to find a school.

4. 2peter1_10

2peter1_10 New Member

Massillon Baptist College in Massillon Ohio is a good fundamental college. They are KJV only and have a conservative music program. Their web site is http://www.mbcaf.org/index1.htm. I am a graduate from there. He would be able to receive the degrees of:
    Bachelor of Divinity
    Bachelor of Religious Education
    Bachelor of Sacred Music
    However, They choose not to be accredited. This would only matter if your son wishes to work in a public school.
    They are very inexpensive, because their professors volunteer their time.

5. A Fiery Fundamentalist

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assume that I should be the one to ask the obvious question: WHY would you want your own precious child to go to a school that would teach that way?

Rhetorical. No answer necessary. Just asking the question that many on the BB would ask. We ALL have the right to believe what we want to believe.

BTW, I thank God for good HISTORIC IFB schools that stress the Greek and Hebrew and understanding God's Word, not just one English translation of it.

7. superdave

superdave New Member

Right on, My thoughts exactly Dr. Bob

I would recommend many schools over the ones that have been mentioned for sure, but they would not have an unbiblical death grip on the KJV, one of the good English translations

Maranatha, Northland, Cedarville, Cornerstone, Moody

( ;) Ok so I got a little carried away)