1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help with doctrine

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't understand the need to slander postmodern Christians in this thread when there is no connection between Kenosis and postmodern Christianity.

There are many postmodern Christians with strong theological backgrounds and many with poor theological backgrounds. The same is true of any Christian group: evangelicals, Catholics, baptists, etc.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (1) The second quote you attribute to me was actually written by Marcia in post #17. I do not share that opinion.

(2) I don't have an axe to grind with postmodern Christians. However, I do know a few people who have been members of postmodern-oriented churches in my area, and they have reported to me that theological teaching in those churches tends to be a bit fuzzy. Their emphasis in not on theology, but rather, connecting with God. I can appreciate that view quite a bit, but I'm convinced that a strong Christology is essential to discipleship and growth in the faith.

I agree. Postmoderns don't have a lock on weak theology.