1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here's you chance Protestants

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Adonia, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just as well I'm not then but, rather, the sure promise that Jesus meant what He said when He said "This is My Body, this is My Blood"; "unless you eat My Flesh and drink My Blood, you have no part in Me".

Unless you think Jesus practised witchcraft?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Bad news for the Apostles, then!

3. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've missed the point. Loving God and neighbor is the summation of The entire Law. You can't call it obedience if it is imperfect.

4. Matt Black

Site Supporter

No, I think you've missed the point: if you claim to 'have faith' and yet don't love God or your neighbour, of what value is that 'faith. I think St James has quite a bit to say about that...

5. Matt Black

Site Supporter

As he says, even the demons believed that Jesus was God when He exercised them; indeed, their faith was arguably greater than that of many Christians! None of that saved them though.

6. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apples and pineapples.

We are discussion how one is justified, not how justified ones behave.

7. Matt Black

Site Supporter

One is justified by and in Christ

8. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not the amount of faith but the power of what the faith is in?

9. Matt Black

Site Supporter

But the demons had faith in Christ - in Who and What He was/ is. It availed them nought.

10. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes Brother, Save me from this evil church of demons and monster pope and strange traditions, who never bad mouths you.

All you have to do is TELL THE TRUTH.

Save Me brother.

Show us where the bible says it is the FINAL and ONLY authority. TELL THE TRUTH. Is it BIBLICAL or UNBIBLICAL.

GOD is on your side. Show me the bible verse that upholds your glorious truth.

11. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Timothy 3:16
    16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

The Lord Jesus Christ Condemned the Religious leaders of His Day for valuing their traditions higher than the Word of God.

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

Jesus could have personally preached FAITH ALONE, but he knew trash when he saw it.

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

Ok Mr English major.

All scripture is God breathed(inspired) check.

Scripture helps with doctrine. CHECK

Scripture IS doctrine. NOPE

Scripture PROFITABLE/ HELPS with instruction CHECK.

What is doctrine reproof correction and instruction all good for? (you didn't quote it ) So that the man of God can be better equipped for GOOD WOOOOOORKS.

Excellent. AMEN that verse is 100% TRUE.

I asked you to prove your car is BLUE, you gave evidence that it has 4 tires and engine and some doors. Great Job.

Show us where the bible says it is the FINAL and ONLY authority. TELL THE TRUTH. Is it BIBLICAL or UNBIBLICAL.

Or should I PRETEND it says the bible is final and only authority in that verse you gave?

• Like Like x 1
  14. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ is the Head--Final Authority--and He gave His last Words--through the Apostles and Prophets--For the Church to Live by and understand. King Jesus is the Word and He Gave us His Word.

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

What page is that? Verse NOW.

16. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Peter 1:17-21

Ephesians 2:20

2 Tim 3:15 (I would think some of the Writings would start circulating by the time Paul wrote this; He is at least talking about the OT writings)

Luke 1:1-4

John 14:26--AMP
    But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.

17. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where oh where does the Bible tell me to seek holiness? Salvation? Sanctification?

Again it's not tradition that is the enemy of God, it's traditions that violate Scripture, which are the true rock on which your church is built.

Jesus Christ is the only name under Heaven by which we may be saved. Christ is the Word. The Word, perfect, inerrant and most salient for this discussion, complete.

Why would I trade the truth of Christ and Him crucified for the lies of the Roman Church?

The idolatrous pantheism of the veneration of the saints...check your history and you'll see that the origins of this tradition are clearly not godly.

There is nothing that Christ said about Scribes and Pharisees that cannot be laid upon the RCC in full measure.

They did travel the globe to seek out converts, and when they were converted, they converted to a blasphemous faith that exalts Mary above Christ.

Mary's "Immaculate Conception"?

Please.

And now, the antichrist in Rome has said that the Bible is not literal truth?

The "Vicar of Christ" contradicting Scripture. Contradicting Christ.

For us in the Body of Christ it is good that the RCC and in particular, the antichrist in Rome are so wrong so often in that it makes it easier to see that they are a church of Satan.

To be clear, there are likely individual Catholics that are among the Elect.

That, despite the best efforts of the RCC.

Praise the Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#137 supersoldier71, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  18. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Christ is the Head--Final Authority--"

AMEN!

Ephesians 5

22Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless. 28So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; 29for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, 30because we are members of His body. 31FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH. 32This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

The Church, Jesus is its head, and is one flesh. We are his body the church.

1 Timothy 3
    15but in case I am delayed, I writeso that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.

The Church.

2 Corinthians 3

2You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

4Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. 5Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, 6who also made us adequate asservants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Written not with ink.

John 20

21So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23“If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”

GOD BREATHED.

19. utilyan

Site Supporter

Oh no! I am in the Devils Church.

Save me brother,

Lets not be this who makes MAN MADE traditions and adds FAKE RULES that are not written in scripture.

20. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Biblical Jesus Can and will save you if you repent and trust and treasure Him alone.

the "jesus" that is still on your crucifix cannot save. Only the Resurrected Christ Can save.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.